Retro and Vintage Weddings
Options

40's Inspired Hair Trial (PIP)

I went for my hair trial today!  I like it  but I can't decide if I should do something simplier instead. I think I was picturing something softer.

But I also talked to my hair dresser about making the "swoop" bang a little more dramatic, especially from the side (One big one instead of a few curled strands)

I'm glad I have awhile to think about it. Any thoughts or suggestions?
Would you wear a veil with this style? and on the top of my head or under the bun?

Thanks   :)

There are a few more pictures here:

http://keysbride2011planningbio.weebly.com/hair-trial.html

Re: 40's Inspired Hair Trial (PIP)

• Options
    I'd wear the veil on top of the bun, but I might take it off after the ceremony to show off the hair!
  • Options
    I agree with you about the bigger swoop. If you're going for a 40s look, bigger is better there. In the 1940s brides either wore birdcage veils or wore traditional veils over their hair, so that is what I'd go with. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    very nice! that looks great on you! i think it would be fun to try out the bigger swoop, but this looks gorgeous... so either way. i think a birdcage veil would be fantastic, or a smaller fascinator with a bit of tulle. personally, i am not a fan of the veil under the bun look but that's me :)
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Anniversary
  • Options
    OMG!!! Absolutly LOVE it!!!!
  • Options
    i think a little bigger swoop would be nice and wear the veil on top of your bun and take it off for hte reception to show off your pretty hairdo. thats what i did!

it looks GORGEOUS on you, btw

House Renovations
    Married Bio

I am a gluten-free, gun-toting wife! :P

I love you, Daddy...2/24/1953 to 2/13/2011image
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    It looks beautiful! It's very similar to the way I had my hair, hehe. I agree with the bigger swoop. And I'd curl the piece on the other side and maybe do a little pin curl with it so it's not hanging in your face. It's a great trial. The day of do will be even more fantastic! It will look amazing with your dress too! That dress is rockin'. You can get away with dramatic hair!

If you have a traditional veil I would put it just on top of the bun.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Re: Your veil - if you want to create more of a 1940s look, instead of just attaching a veil directly onto your hairdo, buy a vintage headpiece from the '40s (keep an eye on ebay's "vintage wedding veil" listings).  

In the '40s, bride's almost always wore headpieces with their veils.  Here are photos of a couple that I've posted on my vintage wedding site:

I think they're gorgeous, and it's an easy way to add a vintage look to your vintage-inspired wedding!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards