Florida-South Florida

Reception Venue Help Needed!

Hi ladies, I'm hoping for your help. I've been looking for a place to hold my reception for about 100-150 people that is outdoors and also allows you to bring in your own catering. I'm in love with Pinecrest Gardens, which fits these requirements, but since they don't allow any evening events I want some other options too. The catch is that my venue budget is $1000 (though maaaaybe a little bit more, if it's an amazing place), which really limits the places we can pick. So far I've heard of Pinecrest Gardens and Miami Beach Botanical Gardens.

I want someplace outdoors preferably but even indoors with an outdoor area or great view might be ok. Mostly it has to be pretty, under $1000 and will let you bring in catering. I'm hoping for a December 2012 wedding.

Any suggestions? And thank you!!! :)

Re: Reception Venue Help Needed!

• Welcome to the board!!!  What county were you looking into having your wedding in?  

My venue, Spanish River Library, is in Palm Beach County and you can bring in all your own vendors.  GL!

Wedding Countdown Ticker ">
  • There is a building that is really pretty but part of the public parks in either north broward or south palm beach but I can't remember the name and just did a search but had no luck. Also, that historic hotel near riverfront? It's now a library. It's like behind the bars of himmershee street? Has an indoor kitchen area and bathrooms but for parties over like 40 people you do it outside on the water. You bring in everything there. I know I'm not much help but maybe googling those two things will get some results?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My friend got married at the Miami Beach botanical garden and it was gorgeous! It's a blank canvas. You can bring all outside vendors and I don't think it's expensive to rent. You can try the Spanish Monastery in Miami.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hello... :) Try Spanish Monastery in Miami. HTH

"True love is friendship caught on fire" someecards.com - Let's decide who we're inviting to our wedding and who will never speak to us again
  • Hi!! I really like Pinecrest Gardens, it's a great option especially for the price. The Miami Beach Botanical Garden is another good option if using the grand lawn. Not sure about the price but have you checked out The Barnacle?
  • This is the Fort Lauderdale History Center!  It's gorgeous!  I actually volunteer there one day a week.  The outdoor space is gorgeous but indoor is very limited in size.  You can get absolutely amazing photographs there.  Linda Rosen is the events coordinator there and she is really nice.  I know that they have certain vendors they prefer to use but mainly for catering.  I'm actually not sure what their rental fees are but here is their website:

<a href="http://www.fortlauderdalehistorycenter.org/rental_wedding.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.fortlauderdalehistorycenter.org/rental_wedding.html</a>

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_reception-venue-needed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:67Discussion:bdd89946-1ba2-4f4b-ad80-e0c01a48f7fbPost:66dbf8e3-3f88-4148-97f6-ca710bf8a722">Re: Reception Venue Help Needed!</a>:
    [QUOTE]There is a building that is really pretty but part of the public parks in either north broward or south palm beach but I can't remember the name and just did a search but had no luck. Also, that historic hotel near riverfront? It's now a library. It's like behind the bars of himmershee street? Has an indoor kitchen area and bathrooms but for parties over like 40 people you do it outside on the water. You bring in everything there. I know I'm not much help but maybe googling those two things will get some results?
    Posted by quiggels219[/QUOTE]

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited February 2012
    Thanks for the ideas ladies! I actually checked out the Ft Lauderdale history center yesterday and it was beautiful but it would be double my budget to have it there. I'm hoping to stay in dade or broward county but I've actually seen the spanish river library and it was also gorgeous but again out of my budget since I'm not a boca resident. I'll look into the other ones soon. Thanks for the help and let me know if you think of anything else, thanks!! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards