Tennessee
Options

When does it get dark in October?

I'm getting married on October 20th.. outdoor ceremony and reception. We want the ceremony to begin at 5pm (30 min max) and we don't want it go get too dark on us. I'v looked up a few things and I don't think it will get too dark until maybe after 6.. anyone had experience with this?
Wedding Countdown Ticker edited

Re: When does it get dark in October?

• Options
    I would definitely say you're good for a short 5 pm ceremony.
  • Options
    You will be fine at 5 p.m. You are looking at it getting dark at 6:30 or 7 p.m.
    May Sig Challenge: Honeymoon - Secrets Maroma Beach image
  • Options
    I don't remember the actual time, but my mom looked it up because we're having our ceremony outdoors at 5:30 on Oct. 13th.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Sunset is listed for 5:04pm on Oct 20 - that's our day too!!
  • Options
    It depends on which time zone you are in. If you are in Eastern sunset should be around 5pm. For Central it's around 6pm. I'm October 27th and sunset in Nashville is supposed to be at 5:56pm. I used   http://www.timeanddate.com/astronomy/ Just enter the nearest large city. Hope this helps :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Thanks for posting this! My date is Oct 14th and we are having an outdoor ceremony in the mountains. We were concerned where the sun would be in the afternoon because of tall trees over our area. We didn't want huge shade spots casting in our photos. We chose a ceremony time of 2:30pm.

Then our reception is in another location a historic barn complete with a bon fire ring out back. We wanted to start cocktail hour before sunset 5pm to catch some photos when we arrive before going inside for dinner. But we wanted the reception to be a party into the evening since there are tons of little lights and lanterns all over - not to mention the fire. I'm hoping it will be pretty under the starry night.
    Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards