Texas-San Antonio

Brand New Knottie Needs Your Guidance :)

Hello Ladies,

My fiance and I just became engaged last month and although our wedding is pretty far off (we're looking at Fall of 2012) we've begun the process of finding and pricing vendors so that we're not so rushed later.  So I would greatly appreciate input from you ladies on caterers, wedding coordinators and really any other vendor you used or a friend used that you thought was spectacular. :) 

We looked at the Witte museum last week and really liked it, and we narrowed down their preferred caterer list (based mostly on positive and negative reviews on this board) to: Picante Grill, Heavenly Gourmet, Catering by Celebrations, Fresh Horizons and Spice of Life.  Have any of you ladies used one of these caterers before? 

As for coordinators, any recommendations would be very helpful.  Right now we're looking at someone for the day-of but are very open to having more assistance.

Thanks so much for your advice!

Re: Brand New Knottie Needs Your Guidance :)

• Little_Lily_9Little_Lily_9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    -I would start looking into finding a photographer you can click with, far in advance, since the really great ones get booked really fast. Definitely check out Bend the Light Photography and their blog, their work is amazing.

-Also as far as Coordinators, my day of coordinator was wonderful.
    Her name is Anita Rodriguez 210-685-4615Smile
    "If music be the food of love, play on ..."-William Shakespeare

imageMy Wedding Blog
  • edited December 2011
    Don't be surprised if vendors do not want to lock in pricing this far out. Typcially a year to a year and a half is as far out as vendors will lock in pricing.

Great coordinators in town are:
    Timeless Beginings
    Elegant Events
    I do! Wedding Consulting.

All have great reputations in town.
  • edited December 2011
    You can never start planning too early!  I have been engaged for a year and a half and still don't have a venue.

As for an event coordinator, I hired Events by Reese.  They have been around for a long time, and have been a Knot Pick for the past three years in a row.

This is the only recommendation I can give you, since they are the only vendor I have signed a contract with so far.  

From day one (which was just a couple weeks ago) they have communicated almost daily with me, arranging appointments and talking about ideas.  

My first priority is venue, so we can set a date.  Can't do anything else without a date, except buy a dress!

Good Luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Don't be afraid to ask questions.  Make sure you read the contracts carefully, know exactly what they include, and what additional fees you may be charged.  My fiance and I wanted our wedding to really reflect our personalities and who we are.  There are so many different ways to express yourself.  As far as vendors go, make sure to meet face to face.  Some you will hit it off with, while others you won't.  Trust your instincts, and have fun!!! :)  Happy Planning!!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    If you need music...I went with Punalu'u Productions.  Ed Elizond was great.  He had a huge set up for only $350.  Check out his website.

http://www.punaluuproductions.com/

Hope this helps,
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards