Connecticut
Options

Guest room gift basket ideas and ring bearer pillow substitutes?

Hi!!

I'd like to prepare gift baskets for those guests that are staying overnight in the hotel, but I don't want to use a basket to hold the items. I'm trying to think of something that most people will be able to reuse again but is sturdy enough to hold some food. I'm thinking of putting in some water, snack foods, and tylenol. Any one have ideas for substituting a basket to hold all these items? And also any ideas for other useful things to put in the basket?

Also, we have a 6 year old ring bearer and I don't really want to waste the money buying a ring pillow. What else could I substitute for this?

Thank you!!!

Re: Guest room gift basket ideas and ring bearer pillow substitutes?

• Options
    I'm not doing the welcome baskets so I'm afraid I can't help you there, but with the ring bearer pillow, I'd just see if any of your friends/family has one you can borrow for the day?

Or geez, even just hit up walmart for a $4.99 white satin pillow instead of a fancy expensive one.
  • Options
    I don't know what your budget for the welcome baskets, but I love these tote bags:

Follow Me on Pinterest

• Options
    EBONYROBERTEBONYROBERT member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    some people i know are having ring bearers carry boxes like this:
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Old Navy has really cute reuseable bags for $1 each. They're not listed on the website, but you can see pictures here (clicky). I'm using the blue ones, they have an anchor and say "love." 

You might want to check out Michael's for a pillow- they have some, and are always giving out 40% off coupons and having sales. 
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I'm just doing gift bags for the OOT guests.  Did you want it to be reusable simply because you wanted to give something they'd use again, or more becasue you didn't want to waste money on something that would be thrown out? I haven't found cheap alternatives to baskets, that's why I'm just going with gift bags and spending more money on the stuff inside. 

I'm putting in water bottles and snack foods too. I think FI and I are going to bake something together to add to the bags so it's somewhat personal. But we haven't decided beyond that, so I don't have much advice for you there.

Another option with the ring bearer pillow is to borrow one from a friend- have any of your friends gotten married recently?
    Follow me on pinterest (I do not know how to make that nice red button thing): http://pinterest.com/lizporter17/ Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    rswan412rswan412 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    I bought reusable fabric bags from http://www.papermart.com/Home.aspx- I was so happy with them and they were really affordable! We put in some water, a "welcome folder" with stuff to do in the area and a letter thanking them for staying, pain killers, travel size lotion & hand sanitizer and some snacks!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_guest-room-gift-basket-ideas-and-ring-bearer-pillow-substitutes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:48f76065-4c70-47eb-ab62-df52c0ea18c0Post:77683554-0eb6-4d65-9c87-1c611d067271">Re: Guest room gift basket ideas and ring bearer pillow substitutes?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Old Navy has really cute reuseable bags for $1 each. They're not listed on the website, but you can see pictures  here  (clicky). I'm using the blue ones, they have an anchor and say "love."Posted by MoonlightSilver[/QUOTE]

Wow, love this idea! I'll be taking a visit to Old Navy this weekend for sure. :)
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards