Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

Food/Menu ideas for Chinese/Jewish/Russian wedding

I'm trying to think up what we want in terms of food for this wedding. At first I wanted a Chinese banquet, with Russian platters of appetizers. Seems like a mismatch. 

I want to incorporate Jewish, Chinese and Russian traditions, but stuff that complements each other. Some things that are common, is a steamed fish with the head and tail. 

Yet I don't want the simple, salad - chicken/fish- dessert combo either. 

I'm not sure if we need to hire a caterer for this, or we should find a venue that would be able to provide the menu we want - but I thought we should figure it out first. 

Any ideas??

Re: Food/Menu ideas for Chinese/Jewish/Russian wedding

• (sorry ahead of time for being no help at all with the Russian food).

Maybe you could do a carving station with brisket (Jewish) and also braised short ribs (Chinese). Soup station: one matzoh ball and one won-ton (or egg drop, hot and sour, etc.) Passed hors d'oeuvres you could do veggie/shrimp potstickers and latkes. 

• colourzcolourz member
    First Comment
    La Primavera in Vaughan has a caterer that specializes in Russian Jewish weddings and has done some Chinese as well.
  • Maybe you should talk to your FI's family (I'm assuming one of you is Chinese, and the other a Russian Jew) and ask them about ethnic dishes that have meaning to them? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards