Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Found my Dress, and questions

I went dress shopping for the first time yesterday, I decided to start at David's Bridal in Frisco thinking it would just be the start. My dad went with me. I showed the girl my 6 dresses of theirs I wanted to try on.

The one I was least thrilled about she brought to me first. Shockingly, it was the dress!  The first dress!  I walked out and I was shocked. It was perfect. I loved the top, I loved the details, it made me look so skinny!  It was so flattering, and my dad just loved it.

I wanted to be sure, so I tried on a few more, but it wasn't that dress. I put it back on, they put a veil in my hair, and I swear I saw a tear in my dad's eye. That was it! (Not to mention I didn't want to take it off!) The first dress I tried on was it. I was prepared for going everywhere to have to look for the right dress. Love it and in budget, yeah!

Now I just have to get the Tuxes picked out, and last but not least Catering and Cake Everything else is done. Phew.

I know I will need alterations. My top is a bigger size than bottom, and thus we ordered to fit my top.

I've seen everyone loves Becky... but is there any other good choices? I only ask because it's a long drive from McKinney to Irving. I know not to go to David's Bridal because of quality and how long they take.

How long before the wedding should I get alterations? How long should they take? Appoximately how much would they cost to get my sides taken in?  Hopefully length will be good cause I wore my wedding shows while trying on and the length was perfect.

Oh... this is the style I picked in Ivory:

Re: Found my Dress, and questions

• Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited September 2012

Congrats and your dress is lovely.

Leighanna with Maybe Sew is another seamstress that Becky herself recommends and many brides have used here.  She is in Carrollton so I don't know if that is more convenient or not.

My wedding was in early November and I had my first fitting in August because that is a slow time for Becky and fall is busy.  So it was simply convienient which is why I did it then.  I think I had the dress back in two weeks since I was in no hurry and my alterations were $125 (in 2009). 

Whoever you choose can help you decide when to come in.  If you are going to have bridal pictures taken, then that is the timeframe you will need to use rather than the wedding as far as when to have the alterations done.

• Options
    I would say that Becky is worth the drive (I lived in midtown Dallas when I got married), but I totally get the time constraints.  Leighanna has done beautiful work for the girls here.

Becky worked me in for my initial consultation in June because I explained that I am a teacher and wanted to take care of everything I could before the start of school.  I think it was ready a few months later (and I did have to drive from school, but she works from home, so nearly any time of day is good for her).
    Anniversary

• Options
    The dress is beautiful. I got my dress at David's also. I'm using Becky Fowler and getting married in June. Becky told me to get in touch with her after the 1st of the year. Winter is her slow time and she said I could go as late as April. I'll probably have her do them in February.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I should say, it's a gorgeous and elegant wedding dress. But actually, you'll save a lot if u get your dress from online shop. If you have interest, you can click in and have a look.
  • Options
    Thank you everyone. I guess I will try to squeez in time (and gas!) for Becky, I do want it right. And everyone seems to love her. 

And I have to keep telling myself it's not just some dress it's my wedding dress. Still in a little disbelief.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards