Options

Lovefest

2»

Re: Lovefest

• Options
    LetsHikeTodayLetsHikeToday member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cal- I was intimated because you are so knowledgeable. I was scared I'd come across as an idiot. It had nothing to do with you being mean!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_lovefest?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:b0833a04-3f32-459a-9f7a-c7bb9bfe3991Post:a3f52b8e-9588-49b7-b140-4e875294e066">Re: Lovefest</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cal- I was intimated because you are so knowledgeable. I was scared I'd come across as an idiot. It had nothing to do with you being mean!
    Posted by LetsHikeToday[/QUOTE]
    I had to ask FI about SamiJoe's post. I was like holy crap I could never understand that much about your job hahaha
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Haha.. Zim, I think a lot of it is because I've been in his boots.  Not the exact same pair, but I know how to look in message traffic, I know how to interpret messages (though that one I did have some trouble with at first).  I used to write messages in my job.  It was totally hard sometimes because we both had/have higher clearances and a lot of times our conversations went like this:
     "How was work?"
    "Fine, you?"
    "Okay, What'd you do today?"
    "Umm I can't really tell you. Sorry, How about you?"
    "I can't tell you either"
    "Welll Good Talk!"
    I think that being prior service gives me a pretty unique insight into his job and everything..
    Photobucket
  • Options
    tyleet87tyleet87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_lovefest?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:b0833a04-3f32-459a-9f7a-c7bb9bfe3991Post:a8d3aa39-ea41-427f-aba6-9e53104305de">Re: Lovefest</a>:
    [QUOTE]Tyleet, I'd love to get to know you better, since you're CA!!! :)  
    Posted by CAB1217[/QUOTE]

I either forgot or didn't realize you were so close to me. I'm not blonde for nothing...haha. I'd love to too! :)
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_lovefest?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:b0833a04-3f32-459a-9f7a-c7bb9bfe3991Post:fb6066ed-9eca-4cc4-bdda-a95eeec6ddc0">Re: Lovefest</a>:
    [QUOTE]Haha.. Zim, I think a lot of it is because I've been in his boots.  Not the exact same pair, but I know how to look in message traffic, I know how to interpret messages (though that one I did have some trouble with at first).  I used to write messages in my job.  It was totally hard sometimes because we both had/have higher clearances and a lot of times our conversations went like this:  "How was work?" "Fine, you?" "Okay, What'd you do today?" "Umm I can't really tell you. Sorry, How about you?" "I can't tell you either" "Welll Good Talk!" I think that being prior service gives me a pretty unique insight into his job and everything..
    Posted by SamiJoeB[/QUOTE]
    HAHA that's funny. I try to ask questions when I can so I'm not in the dark haha. I remember someone asked me the first time what's your FI's MOS I was like ummmm I know he shoots and has the grenade launcher for his unit. I was so embarrassed haha. As soon as FI called I asked him lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards