Michigan-Grand Rapids

Wedding favors: edible vs trinkets

What are my fellow GR area knotties doing for favors?  I dont want to spend a lot of money on something that guests will just toss, but I worry that if I have edible favors, the guests will eat them at the reception and they will be forgotten (I might as well set out bowls of candy/nuts). I'm leaning towards bookmarks, something most of us use.  Any thoughts?

Re: Wedding favors: edible vs trinkets

• shrades77shrades77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would definitely do edible.  A lot of times things get left behind, and what are you going to do with 25 bookmarks?  It'd be much better to deal with 25 boxes of candy.   You can always pawn the candy off on your family and friends and they'll be happy to take it. 

If you are worried about people eating it at the reception, you can do what I did.  Have your coordinator set the favors up on a table near the door after dinner, with a sign for people to take one as they leave. 
    **Rachel & Andy - 9.6.09**

Vendor Reviews l Pro Pic Preview image

• melissa826melissa826 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I vote edible also!  We did chocolate roses for ours :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jleigh1902jleigh1902 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Or if you want to do edible you can do something you can't eat until later. I think we're doing some kind of chocolates but I've seen things like tea, coffee, or lemonade packets.
  • akhensley81akhensley81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PPs... go with something edible. And really, if they eat them at the reception and forget... the point is that you still gave them something. :)
  • edited December 2011
    Great ideas, thank-you!  I think edibles it is :)
  • ajsbrs2011ajsbrs2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are thinking about doing both - candy and something that can be taken home.  I saw on etsy to make wine glass charms and attach them to a piece of paper with your names and wedding date.  We are having a wine theme, so that works perfect.  They can use the wine glass charms at the ceremony or take them home.  Not sure about the details on the candy though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards