Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Clear something up for me

Since I have not been to a "normal" wedding in years, I need some help, and yes, I know that I sound really dumb. I understand that people will play different songs during the ceremony for the seating of the grandparents, mothers, attendants to walk to, and the bride to walk to. Do these songs get played the whole way through, or just long enough to walk to? We are not hiring musicians so I have to figure this out on my own. Thank you!

Photobucket

Re: Clear something up for me

• Options
    bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Just long enough for the walk. It would take way too long to play them all the way though and guests would get bored since there would be nothing going on.

• Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just long enough for each person/group to get down the aisle.  I'm a church organist, and here's what I suggest: 

You can use the same piece for grandparents and parents. Once MOB is in an seated, I bring that piece to a close, andI pause ever so slightly.  (Just long enough to shift my music.)

Then I start the WP music.  When the MOH is down the aisle and in place, I bring the WP music to a close and have another slight pause.

Then I start the bride's music.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you!
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards