November 2013 Weddings

Hotel blocks

Hey ladies.
I have been looking all around the knot forums for help but nothing answers my question.
We have so many checks done and now That we are almost at the 12 month mark 5 days I'm thinking of the smaller things, like room blocks.

Our venue is a little German village called Old World in Huntington Beach,CA. They have a little hotel on site that has 12 rooms and is pretty reasonably priced at 68.00 a night or 350 for the week. Across the street is a bigger hotel that runs 85140 a night.
And living 10 minutes from Disneyland puts us almost in the path of several different hotels.

Is it better to choose a hotel closer to the venue or closer to family? All of my dads side, including my dad, and my FI's family, except his mom, are out of town.
Would it be rude to take up all 12 rooms at the little hotel on site?

Re: Hotel blocks

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2013-weddings_hotel-blocks?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:cd1f7f85-cf50-4bfe-9bfc-0a3b46d68364Discussion:154c5e49-4b48-4994-9fb7-be0803226806Post:2382663b-d75c-4ab6-9cbd-bb3626b6704d">Hotel blocks</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey ladies. I have been looking all around the knot forums for help but nothing answers my question. We have so many checks done and now That we are almost at the 12 month mark 5 days I'm thinking of the smaller things, like room blocks. Our venue is a little German village called Old World in Huntington Beach,CA. They have a little hotel on site that has 12 rooms and is pretty reasonably priced at 68.00 a night or 350 for the week. Across the street is a bigger hotel that runs 85140 a night. And living 10 minutes from Disneyland puts us almost in the path of several different hotels. Is it better to choose a hotel closer to the venue or closer to family? All of my dads side, including my dad, and my FI's family, except his mom, are out of town. <strong>Would it be rude to take up all 12 rooms at the little hotel on site?</strong>
    Posted by darlinganastasia[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm not sure I see how it would be rude to do that- unless there's another event also happening at your venue, but even then, I'd talk with them and see if they'll let you block all of them in case your guests want to go there. It seems like it could be the most convenient, especially for your OOT VIPs.</div><div>
    </div><div>I'm assuming that since you have a lot of OOT guests you'll need more than 12 rooms, though, so I'd get two (or maybe even three? depending on your guest list?) hotel blocks. In my experience hotels can have pretty different policies on room blocks.</div><div>
    </div><div>I'd pick closer to the venue, but that's just me. </div>

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    pinterest, obvi.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards