Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Profle Event Center in Minneapolis

Ok guys, my finance and I are super interested in this place.

Anyone who has been, give me your pros and cons. 

I am quite interested in knowing about the liability associated with bringing in our own alcohol.  What's the risk on you personally there?  I know it's great for saving $$$$, but is there liability that I should consider.

Thanks!
Jessica

Re: Profle Event Center in Minneapolis

• edited December 2011
    Hi Jessica,
    You can read (if you haven't already) the terms of the sample contract here:
    http://www.profileeventcenter.com/pdf/SampleHallAgreement.pdf
    When we went in to tour the venue and sign a contract, Patrick told us that there are off-duty police officers there for security purposes and that he or Heather would make sure to let the person in charge (not bride or groom) know if someone will be cut-off or needs to tone it down.  He said they haven't had any problems in the past. I think hiring responsible bartenders will be key. GL!
    (We are really happy so far with  the ease of communication with Heather!)
  • edited December 2011
    I'm having my reception at the PEC Sept 2011. I booked them Aug 09 and have nothing but wonderful things to say about the communication thus far. There have been a couple past knotties that have gotten married there as well and have glowing reviews. Martiac did a pretty good job with your question, but feel free to ask away if you have more! There is quite a big group of PEC brides on here!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I'm a Sept 2011 PEC bride too! Heather=awesome! I think as long as you hire some good bartendors it shouldn't be a problem.  PEC advertises for the MN school of bartending (that's who we're probably going with)
    Hitched! 09.30.11
  • edited December 2011
    When you serve alcohol, you can always be liable if someone wants to sue you after the fact.  If not criminal, civil.  Unfortunately, we live in a sue-happy world...My advice, make sure there are cabs and use the shuttle from there or the hotels nearby if you can!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks gals, I don't doubt that.  I only fear that if someone drove home drunk that night and got into a car accident, could we be liable for the damages.  I would hope not, but that is something I fear.  Other than that, I just love PEC.  I am so impressed with them.  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards