Canada-Ontario
Options

Toronto - Total Wedding Show @ International Centre

hey ladies,
just wondering if anyone has been to, or knows someone who's been to, the Total Wedding Show at the International Centre.  I went to the Canada (or National) Bridal Show at the Metro convention centre in Sept and honestly, was kind of disappointed.  it was smaller than i imagined (I work in an industry that has these types of shows, so maybe i had too high expectations?) and i found it was really lacking in the 'ideas' department.  it felt like i just walked around picking up business cards.  

if anyone has any experience or has heard anything about the Total Bridal Show i'd love to hear about it!  
TIA

Re: Toronto - Total Wedding Show @ International Centre

• Options
    lalap69lalap69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's been my experience with most bridal shows (with the exception of size).  It's a place for vendors to showcase their goods, not a place to give you ideas.  If you're looking for ideas, I'd browse wedding blogs or post specific questions on the boards.
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    nmcarthurnmcarthur member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to that show before, I also found it to be a bit of a drag. I don't know what I expected Bridal Shows to be but they were pretty much a waste of time. Various vendors load you up with info and more panphlets than you can carry and scheme you into entering draws, only for them to then harass you by phone in the months following. Unless you're going there for something specific, like to watch fashion shows or try to pick up a cheap dress, ave yourself the time and effort and stick to browsing online.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've heard its amazing, but I've never been. I plan on going in January
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

• Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the Bridal Show at the Convention Center in Toronto is bigger in January, but I didn't find it very helpful.  The only thing I got from it were great coupons for deals for tuxes, but most of them expired before we actually needed to get tuxes!  Some places still honoured them.  If you are looking for some good deals and are willing to sign on the spot, you can do some saving, but for the most part it's just gathering a lot of reading material and seeing some crazy brides.  Go with your mom or a girl friend, not your FI, in my opinion.  I think the one at the International Center is very similar.
  • Options
    mattycammattycam member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been to the Total Wedding Show and it's okay. It's not the worse nor the best. As mentioned before, you are getting a lot of info, coupons, and entered into contests so that you can be entered into the vendor's database. IMO, it is worth checking out; you may find at least one vendor that you want to work with.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks for the opinions, much appreciated!
  • Options
    meldance123meldance123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't been to the Total Wedding Show either. I did go to the Canadian Bridal show in January as well, it was alright. I am planning on going to this wedding dress sale/fundraiser http://www.weddingblisssale.com that has a Bridal Show aspect to it. Going to check out the show there and hopefully get my dress Laughing it would really help the budget they're selling dresses for $99-350!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards