Alabama
Options

Ideas for Engagement Session in the Birmingham Area

Hi everyone!

I'm currently trying to schedule my engagement session with my photographper.  We have a date and a time set, but I'm having a little bit of trouble coming up with location ideas.  I'm looking to do our session outdoors, and I have several places in mind, but would love some more suggestions.  I'm currently considering Aldridge Gardens in Hoover and my fiance's great-uncle's farm, which is gorgeous!

Thanks in advanced for the suggestions!

Re: Ideas for Engagement Session in the Birmingham Area

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We did the downtown area around Morris Avenue.  We used the train tracks, some old buildings. the cobblestone roads, the vine wall etc.  We were really happy with the way they turned out, and I know a lot of people who have done their there.  However, it is something way different than the flowers and nature you would find at Aldridge.  Another place sorta of on those same lines is Sloss Furnance.  For another place sort of like Aldridge try Botanical Gardens.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are going to do ours at Sloss in the afternoon and then go up to the Vulcan for evening shots. We don't want the vulcan in the pictures, but we thought pictures in the stairs would be cool. Then we want the city as our backdrop for some nighttime pictures. Good luck!

PS. When are you getting married and where? We're still looking for venues.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions guys! We've finally decided to do the engagement session at my fiance's great-uncle's house.  He lives on a farm in Montevallo, so I think it will be really awesome!  CuteCuddlyCitten: we are getting married at American Village in Montevallo om June 25, 2011!! It's really really gorgeous. It has a really vintage type of feel.  What type of wedding do you want? I looked at sooo many venues before we finally decided on American Village.  If you need some suggestions, you can email me at jlc506@jaguar1.usouthal.edu!!!
  • Options
    fiskdan24fiskdan24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you need a makeup artist for your wedding day! I recommend Make Me Up by Danielle.  Her website is www.makemeupbydanielle.com. Awesome makeup artist!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WE actually did the Botanical Gardens in Mtn Brook.  The pics turned out so pretty and all the scenery in the background really made it pop :)
    Good luck and have fun!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards