Michigan-Lansing

HELP! Wedding Cake Advice!?

Does anyone know of an affordable place to get our wedding cake that does a good job? I've got a 10% off coupon for roma bakery but I dunno how expensive they are or how good of a job they do... Please help!

Re: HELP! Wedding Cake Advice!?

• gailpetegailpete member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    A couple of places that have gotten good reviews for taste and price are Tasty Layers from Flint and Sweet Cake Company from Portland.  Both deliver to Lansing.
  • kmwingluvrkmwingluvr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think we're booking Beth at Cake Art. Her price is $2.35/serving. She also has a delivery fee to most places I think. Her cake is yummy and she has great designs. She doesn't have a computer, but if you make an appt you can look through several albums of her cakes.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We just got married on September 18th. I don't know how important your cake is to you, but we did not have the budget for a traditional cake. Sooooo we decided to use cupcakes. We got them from Sam's Club. I looked and looked for a cupcake stand that I liked and could not find one. My honey, now husband :) built me one from wood. It was easy for him and turned out beautifully. It was five tiered and painted white and then we hot glued ribbon with our wedding colors around it. Everyone loved them!!! It was $75 for 180 cupcakes and we bought a small cake for cutting :) We bought half chocolate cupcakes and half white cupcakes and then from those, half of each color, flavor had half white frosting and half chocolate. So yummy, but we did ask for them to use half the frosting they normally use....they are very generous with it :)This is not all of the cupcakes, we had about 65 too many...the brown cake was made by his mom and is the groom's cake, bottom pic was of our cutting cake....HTH :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Tasty Layers - cake is amazing as are her skills!
  • kate51485kate51485 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using A Piece O Cake.  Kelly is great!
  • edited December 2011
    Beth Henderson from Cake Art does a phenomenal job for the price of her cakes.  They are beautiful and she offers a lot of design options.  I ended up choosing A Piece O' Cake to do my wedding cake because they can do the sugar flowers that my fiance and I like so much, but I've already asked my family to get me a cake from Beth for my shower!
  • edited December 2011
    The sweetest day...Local woman in Holt Mi.  Amazing cakes and cookies.  License kitchen in her home very affordable and beautiful. She also does taste testing.  5173940570 is her number
  • RRPerryRRPerry member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks tera! i just gave her a call and we will probably be setting up an appointment in the near future!  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards