Pennsylvania-Central

Bridesmain dress color

I am getting married July 31, 2010 and found a dress color (Clementine) that I really like online.  The problem is, I cannot find a bridal shop that carries this color because it is "new", they only have a small swatch of the color.  I really like the color, but am unsure how it will look in a whole dress (since it is orange).  Any ideas how I go about finding/getting the dress so I can see what it looks like? Can I order a dress online and then return it if I find I don't like it??? Thanks! Lindsay

Re: Bridesmain dress color

• edited December 2011
    IMHO I wouldn't go though all that to find that dress at this point seeing you have over a year to go. My wedding is in september and all my bridesmaids ordered their dresses in April and they all came in months ago....now I have one who is 5 months pregnant and not sure if the dress will still fit. Also from the time I started planning to the time I picked the dresses my colors changes many times. Like I said it is just my opinion. You have plenty of time.
  • edited December 2011
    you didnt really say where you were at in the planning process, but i agree with pp. i would wait until you have your venue picked and are really ready to decide on final wedding colors. although i will tell you that a friend of mine recently got married and her wedding colors were bright orange and bright pink. she had six bm's three in bright pink and three in orange and it looked really great together.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • gmk1784gmk1784 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should wait a few months and see if the dress shops get the color in since your wedding isn't for a year. Your BM's won't have to order their dresses for 6 more months anyways.And most BM dresses are not returnable so I wouldn't recommend ordering a dress now just to see the color. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards