Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Bridal Shower help...

I'm throwing my sister a bridal shower in about three weeks and would like some input.First of all she is only having one shower (since his family is very small and from all over). So there are going to be around 40 people there. It is getting held in the fellowship hall of the church they are getting married in.How many games are too many? I think we are doing 3-5 different games. His family is going to do one, I am, our aunt and my other sister and maybe another person. We already have the prizes which are kitchen related. Any advice on when we should have the games (should we divide up the gift opening and do games in between)?Should we do a ice-breaker, such as going table by table and having people introduce themselves and their relation to the bride?Any advice would be greatly appreciated. This is the first bridal shower I've hosted as well as the first marriage in my immediate family so it's a bit daunting!

Re: Bridal Shower help...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Everyone hates games 3 is way to many 1-2 max  
  • Options
    banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think 2 is fine. When I threw a shower for FSIL, we played the Newlywed Game and a game where I set an egg timer and as the egg timer went off, the giver of the present being opened received a gift. Both were fairly low-key.
  • Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Way too many games.  Play a Bridal Bingo game.  That way people are playing the game WHILE she's opening the gifts.  Games shouldn't prolong the shower.  If you must have another "game" you can add the timer game.  Set a kitchen timer.  When it goes off, whoever gave the bride the gift she's holding gets a prize.  Then reset the timer. Don't play icebreaker games.  They're excruciating, and not necessary.   The guests are adults.  Presumably they can walk up to someone and say "Hi, I'm Romilda Vane, the bride's cousin." 
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    zim05zim05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for the great feedback! I think I'm going to cut the games down to one or two and do the timer idea.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards