Nevada-Las Vegas

Wynn Winter Wedding Package

Just got a link for a winter wedding offer from the Wynn.

If anyone doesn't have a date yet and wants to get married between Nov 1, 2010 to Jan 31, 2011, it might be worth looking at: http://www.wynnlasvegas.com/#Weddings/winter_wedding_ceremony/

Re: Wynn Winter Wedding Package

• edited December 2011
    Hi mhoneybee, how are you? Hope all is well:-)))))
  • edited December 2011
    I'm good!  Just floating in every once in a while to answer questions and see how all the planning is going for everyone.
  • edited December 2011
    Wonderful! 
    Planning is going smoothly over here...just trying to figure out the best photo/video package for our Wynn wedding... Have the dreadful feeling 3 hours of photography aren't enough, but man those prices!
  • edited December 2011
    Those prices are a little hard to swallow. Is there anyway you can do part of your time with an external photographer to get a few more hours but at a lower rate?

You're having an in-suite right?  I had my photog doing photos with me in my room without any issue.  The only thing you wouldn't really be able to do would be photos on the property......

Another idea.....compare the price of what it would take to get the coverage you really wanted from the house photog and then compare that to the price of an outside photog w/paying for the outside vendor fee so they could cover everything.  Don't forget to add at least 2k to the price of the house photog if you want digital rights to the pictures they take on your wedding day.
  • edited December 2011
    My package includes one hour of photography, I told them that I need the photographer for my 1/2 hour dressing room time to take pre-ceremony shots. This way we're going to loose the last 30 minutes of the ceremony, that's why I was thinking about adding a couple of hours to finish up the wedding and have pictures taken around the hotel. This extra two hours of photo-video are $1.5K!!! And we could have no time left for the in-suite... argh
    I read around here that the fee for outside photographers is $750, and if an outsider charges me another $2K for the rest of the day the photo/video total will rise up to a shocking $4.5K!
    Plus there is the digital rights fee... holy crap is it really $2K??? I was hoping "only" $800-1K
  • edited December 2011
    warning.....long

I tried to PM you but it said it couldn't find you.

I only had 1 hour of photography in my package too but it seemed like I really got about 90 minutes.  The photographers were at the salon when I got there and into my bridal suite.  One was taking pictures of my DH and his family and groomsmen while the other was taking photos of me with my parents and bridesmaids.  They covered the wedding and then the time afterwards until we had to meet our limo bus for our photo tour which was about an hour after the ceremony.

I definitely wouldn't pay for extended time with the house photographers and an outside photographer.  I would do either one or the other. 

In most cases an outside photog includes the digital rights/DVDs of all images in their packages and prints, etc which allows to to do whatever you want with the pictures.  That is a significant savings from the start.  If you were to pay the outside vendor fee of $750 that would be the only cost you would have towards photography with the hotel and the rest of your photography budget could go to a vendor.

If you were to do a combination and only have your package time (which is what I did) you could still have an outside vendor before & after or just after your event and any photos they take would be covered in their fees.  You would get the photos your package included but to buy additional photos or the pictures on DVD would be a significant amount of money.  Budgeting about $2k for digital rights would be pretty reasonable.  I have noticed that the Cashman rates at the Wynn are higher than those quoted for other properties.  I did consider upgrading my photography package to the next higher one to get an additional 30 minutes of photography but the price jump was almost as much as what I paid for 8 hours of coverage from an outside photographer who even stayed longer than his coverage time which is why I went the combo route.

The third option is to do all your photography through the house photographer.  You will pay to upgrade the time and unless you upgrade the package as well to include more photos you will still have to pay for additional photos and you would still have to pay for the digital rights to get a dvd of your images.

My feeling is this, after everything is said and done what you have left after the day is your photos and video.  Make your decission not on a number but what is really most important to you in the end.  Do you want to have every picture on disk so you can make photo albums and print pictures and have an archive or would you be happy with just a few 5x7 prints.  I think the quality of their photography was great, I have no complaints with my experience at all, I just think sometime it can be overwhelming to think about what to do for photography and it helps to know what your options are.  Either way you go I think you will get fabulous pictures.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for your reply, I really really appreciate your kind advice!

Photos and videos are of the utmost importance for us, nonetheless we are on a budget so I have to take some time to collect detailed info and prices from the Wynn and from an outside photographer, then compare the two.
    You're right, I shouldn't purchase additional photo packages from the hotel and book an outsider as well... I just wish they would grant full resort access to outside photographers.
    I wouldn't mind using the Wynn's people and adding more time to my package if it wasn't for that blasted digital rights fee. That is going to bring the total to almost $5K and it makes no sense to go this direction if I can have someone else for the whole day for $2K and just pay the $750 to the Wynn.

...Wow simply by talking to you about I have a much clearer idea... Thanks again mhoneybee :-)

Sorry you couldn't PM me, I really don't know why

best!

• edited December 2011
    You're welcome.  I think it's helpful to hear other people's experiences.  Knowing what I know now I would have opted to pay the outside vendor fee.  I don't know if I just didn't think about it or it wasn't really talked about when I was planning but the cost for the pictures outside our packege was an expense we didn't plan for.

It doesn't help to walk in to your appointment and see a video slideshow of your photos playing, and 8x10 pictures printed, and photo flip books, and every photo they took printed as a 5x7.  It makes sense for them to do that because it triggers emotion and impulse and people tend to buy more but it seems wasteful at the same time.  We didn't get everything offered and to know they were just throwing away what we didn't buy kind of sucked.
  • edited December 2011
    How did you manage to have an outside photographer in your room without paying the fee? Sorry for asking ^_^
  • edited December 2011
    He just came up to our room and knocked.  It was our planned meeting place.  I just emailed him our suite number a day or two before.  I had my hair stylist, makeup artist and spray tan lady all come up to my suite too.  It's pretty much like anyone else coming up to your suite.  It would be no different than a friend coming into your suite and taking pictures. 

The fee only relates to the Wedding Chapel.  I would think if you paid the fee for the vendor in the Chapel, that they would grant you permission to do photos on the property with the exception of the gaming area.  You might want to ask about that.  However, I think as long as you didn't stop in any one place too long you could do photos on the property with a vendor without issue.

• edited December 2011
    Oh I get it!
    Thanks again!!!!!!
    I will let you know for sure :-)))))
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards