Pennsylvania-Central

Looking for reception ideas!!

im looking for a beautiful place to have my reception!! i need lots of ideas, please.

Re: Looking for reception ideas!!

• higgydt4higgydt4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Could you give us any more details????

Specific City? What type of venue (barn, tent, hall...)?, etc.
  • edited December 2011
    i was thinking maybe winery, ballroom, golf course in york, harrisburg, carlisle, gettyburg!!
  • aras8609aras8609 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Harmony Hall or the Civic Club in Harrisburg - they had a nice venue, but it wasn't really what we were looking for.  I was at a wedding reception recently at the Susquehanna Club in New Cumberland, which was nice.  My fiance and I decided to go with Colonial Golf and Tennis Club in Harrisburg.  It's absolutely gorgeous.  The pics on their website really don't do the place justice!

Also, I found that there were ALOT of nice venues in Lancaster and York, but unfortunately they were all too far away from the church we're having our ceremony.

Good luck! 
  • higgydt4higgydt4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're having our reception at Mulberry Art Studios. If you like unique settings, I'd definitely recommend that. The Cork Factory in Lancaster is also popular as well. I live in Hershey and there are a lot of venues here as well - The Hotel Hershey, Hershey Lodge, Hershey Gardens, Hershey Theater. I'm not too familiar with anything else. :-/
  • edited December 2011
    Yorktowne Hotel in York  (go to see it - the pictures online do NOT do it justice. Plus you can now go on the roof for pictures overlooking the city, and there's an awesome mural across the street for pics too)

The Links in Gettysburg (golf course) - be ready to shell out some $$

The Round Barn in Gettysburg if you are seeking a cheaper, more rustic, DIY feel.

Heritage Hills in York - did nothing for me, but people like it.

Regents Glen - beautiful outdoor area to get married.
  • edited December 2011
    I always recommend looking into:

-Royal Manchester Golf Links, Stone Mill Inn, Valencia Ballroom, Yorktowne Hotel, Heritage Hills Golf Course, Outdoor Country Club
  • edited December 2011
    We got married at Harmony Hall and it was lovely. And the staff are fantastic :)
  • edited December 2011
    thanks!! these suggestions/ideas help a lot!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards