Indiana

Ritz Charles Ballroom or Garden Pavillion?

Hi folks - I had someone recommend I post this in the overall Indiana board, so here we go:

Has anyone out there struggled between the garden pavillion vs. a ballroom at the Ritz Charles in Carmel, IN? We're having an October evening wedding, and I can't decide if this pavillion is really worth the additional expense over the ballroom (+~1600). 

I'm so darn torn, I can't figure out how to choose between the two. Both are covered from weather, the only downfall to the pavillion is that it's not temperature controlled, and if it rains we can't use the little garden areas surrounding it. Any advice? 

Re: Ritz Charles Ballroom or Garden Pavillion?

• It really depends on what type of feel you want.  I've only been to a wedding in the garden paillion and it was gorgeous even though it was pouring down rain.  The ballroom, which I was in for a bridal show, is just a typical ballroom.  Make sure your color scheme can work with the colors in the ballroom if you decide to go with that.  With the garden pavillion, you get to see the outdoors since it is all glass and at night you can see the stars above.  Also, look to see how many each can hold as that may determine which you choose based on your invite list.
    September 2012: Invitations

• I have been to receptions in both places and I would say it depends on if you want more of an outside feel to your reception. If they can't guarante heat in the pavillion, I would say you would be risking it in October especially if it was an evening reception.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards