California-Northern
Options

Parent gifts

What is everybody getting their moms and dads for gifts? I need some ideas/inspiration!Our dads aren't really the cuff links/money clips types. I was thinking maybe some kind of jewelry for the moms but we are on a small budget. Help!

Re: Parent gifts

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are framing a bigger photo of our engagement shoot for them and for my mom in additon we duplicated our guestbook with all of our engagement shots and are writing notes in there for her.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    my parents and FI's parents absolutely looved how our guestbook turned out from My Publisher, so after the wedding we are making each set of parents their own book of our wedding photos. It's nice that it will be personalized for each set. It's a typical wedding present for the parents (giving them a wedding album), but we know that they will love it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got my parents a $150 gift certificate to a new restaurant in their town that they've been talking about wanting to visit. I thought they might like a nice dinner out after all the wedding craziness.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We chose the photography package that comes with 2 parent albums so that is our gift to them.  They are really nice looking and I wish I could buy one in that style for myself!  haha
  • Options
    adgenyaadgenya member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're getting each of them a parent's album and will probably add a gift certificate to their favorite restaurant as well (since the parent albums won't be available until later). I also plan on writing a special "thank you letter" to my FI's parents and he'll do the same for mine.
  • Options
    Beezo23Beezo23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're both lucky enough to have both set of parents divorced.  For my mom, I"m thinking about a Tiffany's bracelet, FI mom also a Tiffany's bracelet (not the same) and they aren't breaking the bank. For my dad and stepmom, a gift certificate to a restaurant in Napa.  They haven't been up there and will be going up after the wedding, so I thought that would be nice. FI's dad....not sure yet.  Maybe something golf-related since that's all his does everyday!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I posted on the nest, but in the interest of helping anyone else: :) The gifts and our reasoning, etc is all in this blog post: http://stefaniek.blogspot.com/2008/09/parent-gifting.html Short story:  we gave them art.  Each "set" of parents (I have two step-parents) got a matted piece of art, all the same photograph of an old Oak tree...the idea that each of our parents would have the same photograph in their homes kind of tying/binding us all together was appealing.  The idea that an Oak tree can represent roots, upbringing, and family was appealing to us.  :) GL!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards