DC

Affordable non-hotel Ceremony/Receptions venues in DC/MD/VA

Does anyone have any ideas on any beautiful, non-hotel ceremony and reception venues within an hour of DC, MD, and VA for around $1000? Preferrably with the option of having an outdoor event.  Or does anyone have any informatino on how to plan an outdoor backyard wedding?Thanks in advance for your help!!!

Re: Affordable non-hotel Ceremony/Receptions venues in DC/MD/VA

• tidetraveltidetravel member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How many guests?Check out the park and planning websites - they tend to have beautiful historic rental places which are fairly inexpensive.  We had our wedding at Seneca Creek Lodge, which is a little above your price range, but it was beautiful!PG countywww.pgparks.com Montgomery Countywww.wehavethewhere.org
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • tidetraveltidetravel member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also - some things to consider w/ a backyard wedding:weather - what's the rain plan?  Tents are EXPENSIVE to rentbathrooms - depending on the # of people attending, you may need to rent port-a-potties
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    125 is a safe number to say right now.  I'll check it out. I went to go see Darnall's Chance Museum this Sunday, because the price was perfect but I'm not to sure about the space. There was an actual grave at the site. I felt a little weird about that.
  • edited December 2011
    I am having my wedding on Saturday at Cabell's Mill in Centreville VA. It is owned by the Fairfax County Park Authority. It is not as inexpensive as you would like, but it is a beautiful location.
  • edited December 2011
    my wedding was at montpelier mansion in laurel. it was really nice. i paid $960, which i think is the resident rate (if you live in montgomery or prince george's counties). just keep in mind it's a lot more work to do a wedding at one of these places because you have to truck a lot of stuff in, including catering. i'm not sure montpelier's capacity will allow for 125. i have heard good things about thorpewood and ceresville. if you have any questions about montpelier or anything else, let me know. my email is in my bio under for sale items.
    Me:39 Dx LPD, Fibroid, AMA and all that goes with that. H:37 Dx low motility and low morphology. TTC since 3/12. Clomid 8/12 and 9/12: BFN. 11/12 on a break for Myomectomy sched. 11/26. Resume TTC early 2013.
  • edited December 2011
    We had ours at Glenview Mansion (Rockville) and the entire thing was about $10000.  I think that their max for a standing reception was about 140 people, but they have a beautiful garden and there is space for an indoor ceremony if the weather does not behave.  As long as you do not go with some of the more expensive DC options avalible to you (we had Charm City Cakes do both of our cakes) you should be able to keep within the budget.
  • edited December 2011
    In DC, also consider when you're doing this--we thought about an outdoor wedding, but my mother pointed out that some of my elderly relatives couldn't stand the summer heat.  I went to an outdoor ceremony in Mexico that was about as hot as a typical DC July/August, and several of the guests nearly passed out from heat/dehydration despite being given paper fans as favors.  Tents cost a fortune.  And are you going to leave cans of DEET on the tables?  Because otherwise, your guests will leave early to escape the skeeters . . .
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards