Texas-Houston

DJ recommendations

Did you meet with someone you liked but didn't go with? Did you have the best dj ever?

FI and I have met with Signature Events and fell in love, but they're double our budget. I'm willing to splurge, but he wants to keep looking. 

He's met with Jason at Space City Entertainment and ruled him out, as well as Johnny Black. 

Any other good suggestions? We like to party and really want to have a great time, but I don't know if that's do able for $600. 

Help?
--------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary

Re: DJ recommendations

• We need to start looking at DJs too.  May I ask, is there any particular reason why you ruled out SpaceCity and Johnny Black?

Our budget is $800-1000 for 5-6 hours.  I'm interested to hear any recommendations for good DJs, or any warnings about DJs.

We just want someone in our price range, professional, and who will really listen to what kind of music we want played. 

SaveSave
  • edited November 2012
    We got married Sept 2011 and used DJ sounds by Mario, he was recommended by a friend. He charged $75/hour, he played the music we requested for both ceremony and reception. He was on time, professional, the sounds/volume was great. His cell phone number is 832 665-6049
    TTC Jan 2011, me: 30, DH 32. Unexplained IF. Aug 2012- Bravelle/Ovidrel, IUI 08/21, IUI 08/22= BFN. Feb 2013: Bravelle/Ovidrel, IUI 02/20, IUI 02/21= BFN.
  • Who did you meet with at Signature Events? I am looking too... We are super dancers as well.... 
  • The DJ I'm using is a brother of a groomsman. His prices currently are 200$ for 4 hours with 65$ per additional hour but they can very depending on the event. His Facebook page is JACtheDJ and is email account is sound.guy.jac@gmail.com.

We're paying under $400 for our wedding!
  • We are using Earnest and Michael with signature eventx.  Although they are a little pricey I know we are going to get exactly what we are looking for.  Both my fiance and I and our friends are huge dancers and the DJ was the most important thing for me at our wedding that's why we are splurging.  These guys have been nothing but awesome so far! Can't wait to party with them!
  • Thanks guys! Monkey, YGPM

I am going to sit down and crunch our numbers tomorrow and see if we can afford Signature events. I don't remember who we met with, but I loved everything about them. I really think they're worth it, but I just have to see if it's feasible with our budget. 

dkleinin, when is your wedding?
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • My friend used DJ's Unlimited. They are about $600, and I thought they were pretty good. 

We got married 11/3/12!!

• We used Rockin Robin and they were wonderful!
  • I am getting married Oct 2013. I fully intend on not touching my seat at the reception. 
  • Look into Unique Style Productions. We used Cesar (DJGilT) he is the owner of the company...he did an amazing job and was also able to get us a great deal on our lighting package as well!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards