Wedding Etiquette Forum

Honest opinions

[url]http://www.allurephotographic.com[/url]Would you let these people photograph your wedding?
my read shelf:
Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale

Re: Honest opinions

• Damnnit.  Sorry about the bold.
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • I would... webpage pics are nice :)
  • Not likely. There's nothing special about them. Just loads of blasé  photos. Also, no credentials posted. Compare that guy to this fellow who has his degree in photography:http://www.tavistockphoto.co.ukThere's a clear difference.
  • No they seem to equate gloomy looking and depressed with artistic. I do not like the photos
  • Yes, with some reservations.  They have some FANTASTIC pictures.  Others really aren't so well thought out.

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • No I wouldn't. All of the photos that aren't the standard in your face shots are trying to be too artistic and not really capturing the moment. The angles on some of the pictures are very weird and don't really say they were done by a professional.
  • Most N. American photographers don't have degrees, as far as I'm aware.  There are many diploma programs.

• Meh.  Not bad, nothing super stellar either.  I guess it depends on what they are charging me.
  • [url]http://www.iconicpictures.com/index.html[/url]Do you like this one better?
    my read shelf:
  • salt78salt78 member
    First Comment
    I wouldn't based solely on the first photo that comes up. The bride and groom look pissed off.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Second one is definitely better.

• Huh.  Even in Canada, most of the wedding photographers don't have degrees.My photographer was the photographer for Banff Springs hotels.  One of the photographers graduated from a college in BC.  The other lists no credentials at all.The link you posted was to a UK site.

• Amber, where do you live?? These are Omaha photogs :) I can give you great recs if you let me know your budget. Lani is an amazing photographer (Allure). I have no idea who/how good her partner is (perhaps her husband?) Anyway, she is really good about making people feel at ease. Jeff Pope (Iconic) takes incredible pictures as well. You can't go wrong with either. Let me know what you're looking for and I"ll get you names :)
  • We're getting married in Sioux Falls, SD but I have pretty much vetoed every Sioux Falls photog, so I'm looking at Omaha.
    my read shelf:
  • How do you know these things Vogt?  I've been looking for reviews and no one has them.  Tell me all your knowledge so I may absorb it into my head.  (We're going with a budget of about $3000 plus or minus a little.)
    my read shelf:
  • The very first picture on the home page reminds me of the painting, American Gothic.
  • I'm from Omaha (well, Council Bluffs, originally), and have lived in the area for years. Many many brides, many many photographers. Plus, I was engaged once before and went through all of this then, plus my own photog search.My current photog (signing the contract now since my other one bailed!!) is Kristin Parr out of Roseland, NE. She travels at a very reasonable rate. www.kparrphotography.comLook into Andrea Bibeault (pronounced Bibo), at www.andreabibeault.com. She's amazing (I booked her the last time I was engaged) and really sweet.Also look into Becky Novacek http://www.beckynovacekphotography.com/I follow her blog and have been a huge fan of her work for a long time. Not sure about her pricing, but she is one of the sweetest women ever.Stay away from Multi-Images (they were the contract group who worked with my previous photog, and they really don't care that she bailed on me) and Paparrazi by Appointment (I love their photos, but I've heard they're really awful at follow through and have even not gotten albums back to brides after a year)
  • uh tartan, you have comprehension fail obviously, she said NORTH AMERICA not "America".  North America includes your precious Canada last I knew. Peddle elitist somewhere else, kthxbai.
  • first one- the shots are decent, but the editing/lighting needs a lot of workthe second one- their website is offensive to web designers. decent shots, though
  • That's strange that you say most American photographers don't have degrees. Here in Canada they do, in the UK they do. I guess America is uniquely uneducated in photography? OMG seriously Tartan the photog you linked too sucked.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• You have to choose a photog based on your vision of your wedding pictures and if their style matches what you invision.  That's a personal choice.  Websites don't always do justice to a photogs work.  You should go meet in person with your top 3 choices and make a decision from there. 
  • Tartan, you're not helpful.  kthxbye
    my read shelf:
  • I'm guessing Tartan deleted a bunch of her posts from here because reading all your replies to her is confusing me
  • Yes, Salt.  She deleted like a biitch.
    my read shelf:
  • Yes, Arb she deleted like a biitch.  The siggys!  Oh the matching taco siggys!
    my read shelf:
  • Hahaha, it confuses me also.  I'll probably change it over the weekend after I have pictures from my shower
  • I'm also in Omaha--I contacted Andrea Biboult almost a year ago, and she wasn't accepting any more bookings for 2009. :(  So I went with Farrah Grant (www.farrahgrant.com). My engagement pics turned out perfectly, and I'm excited about my upcoming wedding pics--which I was originally anxious about b/c I'm overweight and FI freezes up in front of a camera.  She was fun to work with!Email me at sun_angel79 (at) yahoo (dot) com if you'd like to see my engagement pics.
    Photobucket

My food blog:
    www.stringbeansandskinnyjeans.blogspot.com

Started TTC 03/11
    MFI Diagnosis in 02/12
    6 month wait for quarantined DS, 04/12-10/12
    IUI #1 10/25/12, BFP 11/6! Low rising betas, u/s confirmed blighted ovum 11/26. D&C 12/6. And now we wait again...

[url=http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/35f6e0]My Ovulation Chart[/url]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards