Indiana

wedding reception question

My fiance and I started looking for reception halls recently.  Our wedding is set for May 21, 2011 in West Lafayette.  We have looked at multiple places in Lafayette, but we cannot agree on one place.  I have found a gorgeous place in Lebanon which is almost an hour away.  Most of my family lives in between, so it would  not be a problem. My fiance and I are concerned with the distance and out-of-town guests for the reception.  So if you had a choice would you go with the gorgeous location or would you pick one of the locations closer to the ceremony location? 

Re: wedding reception question

• edited December 2011
    have you looked at the ravines golf club? a friend of mine got married there this summer and it was beautiful. or you might look into some of the hotels in lafayette or w. laf.  what about the newer hotel downtown lafayette, i have been to an event there and it is really nice?!  i agree with some of the others about not having ppl travel from the west side of lafayette to lebanon. i am from lafayette, and if you are talking about having your reception at lumere de corps(sorry bout spelling) that is a pretty far drive, like 45 mins.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards