Getting in Shape

For all the brides that have lost weight...what did you do?

I am about 4 months away from my wedding and haven't been having the success I was expecting with losing weight.  I am starting WW on Sat. (I've done it in the past) and am looking forward to the new program.  Besides that, what home workout DVDs are the best? I'm thinking of getting into pilates, yoga, or the bar method.  I don't know what is best, has anyone used any of these and gotten results? Does anyone have pictures of thier transformation? That would be very motivational!! Please, anyone that was successful in their weight loss, tell us what you did?

Re: For all the brides that have lost weight...what did you do?

• Let me preface this by saying that I went to get my dress altered on March 11 and couldn't zip it up.  After the first day-and-a-half of bawling and feeling sorry for myself, I got to work.  The wedding dress shop gave me an extension but only by a week (so they told me I needed to lose 10 pounds in 4 weeks, essentially).  The next fitting is April 5.  So this is my desperate routine.  I don't want to think about the alternatives:
    • 60-70 minutes of treadmill incline walking (morning) 5X-6X a week
    • Alternating DVDs such as 30 Day Shred, No More Trouble Zones and Winsor Pilates 5X-6X a week
    • Low-carb, high fiber, high protein, low-fat, no sugar diet (South Beach Diet Phase 1 for 3 weeks instead of 2 but with fruit for dessert even though it's not allowed, such as berries with nonfat Greek yogurt or ruby red grapefruit)
    • Kept a diet and exercise journal through sparkpeople.com
    • Reduced daily food intake to 1200 or below even though this isn't very healthy (calculate your BMR and try to reduce intake by 500 calories daily through combination of diet and exercise for the right way)
    • Lost 8.5 pounds in 3 weeks but this was ambitious and you almost have no energy.  I'm re-introducing one complex carb a day (choose one  meal to do it) after my dress fitting
    • Next steps is to eat even more vegetables that are considered natural diuretics (to help flush out toxins and reduce bloating) and to buy a slimming bustier and higher power Spanx
    • Pray!

• smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited April 2011
    I have lost 7-8 pounds in about 7 weeks.  My goal is 15 pounds.  I have done it by limiting my intake to 1500 calories a day and burning at least 500 calories 5 days a week.  For me to burn 500 caolories, I have to run 5 miles at a 10 minute mile.  It's tough.  I snack all day long on food out of my lunch box.  At least 3 servings of fruit a day. 

Tomorrow I start my formal marathon training program so that should help too.

I haven't done any videos in a while.  I prefer to do my running and then throw in some wieght lifting.  I do have the 30DS which is pretty good and I hope to find a Zumba DVD for my running "rest" days.

Oh yeah...no booze.  Blah.

Good luck!
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards