Wedding Etiquette Forum

recipe for your best dip

Pot luck game night tomorrow.Gimme what you got!  I always bring spinach dip.  I want something different, easy and can only take maximum half an hour to prepare.

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
"This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
Miss
Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
being healthy. blog.

Re: recipe for your best dip

• Oooh I have a good recipe for Buffalo Chicken Dip. It's awesome! Ingredients: 2 Chicken Breasts, 8 oz. block cream cheese, 1 cup ranch, 1 cup hot sauce (we use crystal's hot sauce), 2-3 cups shredded cheese Bake 2 chicken breast at 350` for 60 minutes. Shred the chicken breast and place in large bowl. Add the cup of hot sauce to the bowl of shredded chicken. Spread the block of cream cheese to cover the bottom of a casserole dish, no bigger than 9x13. After the cream cheese covers the bottom of the casserole dish pour the bowl of shredded chicken and hot sauce in casserole dish covering the cream cheese. Then pour your one cup of ranch on to the mixture. Sprinkle the cheese over the mixture. Bake for 20 minutes and enjoy!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I use this recipe from allrecipes.com. It may be a little bit over your 30 minute limit, but it is so delicious.INGREDIENTS (Nutrition) 1 cup mayonnaise 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese 2 (6.5 ounce) jars marinated artichoke hearts, drained 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder DIRECTIONS Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a large bowl, thoroughly mix the mayonnaise, Parmesan, artichoke, mozzarella and garlic powder. Transfer the mixture to an 8x8 inch baking dish. Bake 30 minutes, or until the surface is lightly browned and bubbly. Sprinkle with paprika and serve warm.
  • That made my mouth water.

Miss
    being healthy. blog.
  • I'm a big suprise dip/spread fan myself.  Mix together 8 oz cream cheese, 1/2 cup mayo, and 1 cup sour cream.  Spread in a pan and then you can put either salsa or seafood dip on.  I do salsa and add some diced tomatoes, peppers, and green onion.  For the seafood sauce you can add shrimp (gag).  Then sprinkle with shredded mozza.It's my go-to dish for potlucks.  You can serve with crackers or tortilla chips.
  • amalama, I was just about to post the Buffalo Chicken Dip! That's FI's favorite.  He licks the bowl and will eat it by the spoonful.If you want a sweet dip that's great for fruit, just mix 8 oz. Marshmallow Fluff, 8 oz. SOFTENED cream cheese (otherwise it gets chunky) and 1/2 tsp. cinnamon.  It's incredibly easy and people always rave about it.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Oooh, amalama's and zippity's sound good.  I'll have to try those.  Mine's a rookie dip - perfect for me, though!
  • I always do a spinach artichoke dip that's a hit, or a taco dip.
  • Pepperoni Dip16 oz pepperoni2 packages cream cheese2 cans cream of mushroom soupShred pepperoni in food processor.  Blend ingredients together and bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until bubbly.It looks like dog food, but I'm telling you its the most amazing dip ever!
  • cheese and crab dip: 1 block cream cheese 1/2 cup mayo 1 cup shredded cheddar 1 cup shredded mozza 1 can crab meat Bake in a bread bowl...it absorbs the oil from the cheeses. You can add spinach, mushrooms (pre-cooked), artichokes, or really anything else to it.
  • BEER DIP!!It's crazy addictive and so good.  The first time I made it, I used a darker beer (Leinenkugels Creamy Dark) and the second time I just used Coors Light.  Obviously it was better with the Leinenkugel.[url]http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Beer-Dip-I/Detail.aspx[/url]It sounds weird but I promise you, it's awesome.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am also waiting for an opportunity to make this.  Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough dip: [url]<a href="http://tinyurl.com/msoemb" rel='nofollow'>http://tinyurl.com/msoemb</a>[/url]
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • I usually just mix cream cheese with a dip seasoning package and make it into a ball.  Depending on the dip mix flavour, I'll roll it in nuts or dried fruit.

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • 7 layer dip is always good. Refried beans in the bottom, then sour cream, then guacamole, then salsa, then lettuce, tomatoes, olives, and cheese. I guess that's 8 layers, but you can leave out anything you don't like. Yum!
  • Here's 2 for you - Spicy Sausage Dip2 packages cream cheese2 packages sausage patties (like the jimmy dean rolls), cooked into crumbled pieces1-2 packaged Rotel, drained (can tomatoes and chilis)Combine all ingredients in crockpot, heat through and keep on low - serve with tortilla chips.Tip: Add cream cheese and in parts until you get the right consistencyCeaser Diphttp://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Caesar-Dip-with-Crudites-102114Tip:I sub worchestershire sauce for the anchovie. I love this because if you have leftovers you can thin it out and use as salad dressing!
  • Rotel Dip w/ Sausage:1 Package Velveeta1 Can Rotel1 lb spicy breakfast sausage (crumbled & fried)Put all in a crockpot until it's all melty and yummy. The sausage takes rotel to a whole new level.
  • Or mix salsa and cream cheese.Can you tell I like cream cheese?

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • lpstl - I've never had it with velveeta - you should try it with cream cheese - delicious!
  • Or my mom's taco dip which is also a big hit always.Mix two 8 oz packages of cream cheese (softened) with a small container of cottage cheese and a package of taco seasoning.  Spread on the bottom of a platter, then top in this order: shredded lettuce, shredded cheddar cheese, tomatoes, and black olives.  Serve with tortilla chips, I use Scoops.
  • Oh I missed your half hour time limit, but most of it is baking, so not like you need to be in the kitchen the whole time.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• 1 (13 oz) can roast beef, drained1 oz dry onion soup mix1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened1 (8 oz) container sour cream mix together and refridgerate until serving.So good, guys especially love it!   
  • Mix two 8 oz packages of cream cheese (softened) with a small container of cottage cheese and a package of taco seasoning. Spread on the bottom of a platter, then top in this order: shredded lettuce, shredded cheddar cheese, tomatoes, and black olives. Serve with tortilla chips, I use Scoops.Oops, I left something out.  After you spread out the cream cheese mixture, top it with a medium sized container of sour cream, then do the lettuce, cheese, etc.
  • Okay, good deal. I'll definitely try it out then. Even if it's too much for me, I have no doubt that it would get devoured by all my beer loving family friends. Great thread, Mandy :)
  • Well that's the recipe calls for but we usually use the lunchmeat kind if we are in a hurry... otherwise go get some fresh cut and it's best. 
  • I want to try the beer dip ASAP. I think I'll cut the recipe in half so I don't eat so much since I'll probably just make it for my husband and myself. We love recipes with beer. Also, I want to have something at my house JUST to make the Buffalo Chicken dip.
  • Georgia - definitely cut it in half if it's just the two of you.  It does make a lot. 
  • I guess they can ham, why can't they can beef?  It's just so weird.Thanks for the spicy green beans.  I never did see that thread because that recipe does not look familiar at all.

Miss
    being healthy. blog.
  • I'm a little late but here's a recipe I love; if you don't care for feta cheese it will likely repulse you.It LOOKS like tzatziki/"gyro sauce" but it's not meant to be & tastes different, if that's any help.Feta Cheese DipIngredients: 1 cup crumbled feta cheese 1/2 cup sour cream 1/2 cup plain yogurt 2 cloves garlic, peeled 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper Directions: Combine the feta cheese, sour cream, yogurt and garlic in the container of a food processor or blender. Pulse briefly until garlic is minced. Spoon into a serving dish, and season with salt and pepper.
    A Yankee Fan & A Red Sox Fan...
    imageimage
    "5.01.09"

• Pizza Dip: 8 ounces cream cheese1/2 cup sour cream1/4 cup parmesan cheese1/2 teaspoon garlic salt1/2 cup pizza sauce1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese1/2 cup pepperoni sausage1/2 can chopped olives Mix cheeses and garlic salt with sour cream. Spread in a pie pan. Then layer your olives, pepperoni, and top with the mozzarella cheese. Bake in oven for 20 minutes at 350ºF. Serve with round crackers, bread or even chips.  It doesn't have to be hot when you serve it.  Tastes great at room temperature.
  • tlv204tlv204 member
    First Comment
    Comment about buffalo chicken dip (which i'm addicted to, btw): to save a butt load of time, just get canned chicken and crumble it with your hands. It tastes literally exactly the same as if you bake the chicken yourself, and saves a lot of time and money.
    Leo says hi. He's...special.
    Married
    Planning
  • tlv204tlv204 member
    First Comment
    Actually, I think my whole recipe is a little easier: 2 blocks cream cheeseranch and hot sauce to taste (i use about 1/4 cup hot sauce tops and about 3/4 cups of ranch, i don't measure)1 large can of chicken1 cup shredded cheddar.Soften cream cheese.  Add shredded chicken, ranch, hot sauce. Mix well.   Microwave until hot. Add cheese. Stir. Eat!
    Leo says hi. He's...special.
    Married
    Planning
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards