Delaware
Options

NWR: Baby shower games?

Okay ladies, I need help- having only ever been to one baby shower when I was like, 9, I don't know the baby shower games real well.  FMIL and I are planning one for our family friend I posted about a while back (the one I did dinners for).Anyway, since I have never really done this, I need some suggestions of baby shower games that are not cheesy or boring.  I am planning on doing the "guess the melted chocolate candy bar in the diaper" one (I have heard it's hysterical), and I would prefer to stay away from tasting baby food.  It's a Pooh theme, if that helps.  I really have no idea where to go on this one.Any help or suggestions would be wonderful!  Thanks ladies!Side note update: the baby is doing wonderful.  Even though he only has a 2 vessel cord instead of a 3 vessel, he is gaining weight like crazy, and the doctors are thrilled with how wonderful he is doing.  Mom goes back to work on Friday, off of bedrest!  This baby is truly a miracle- they didn't think he would make it all, and now not only does he have a clean bill of health so far, he is thriving :)

Re: NWR: Baby shower games?

• Options
    amlinton1615amlinton1615 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The diaper one is good, another is hand out clothes pins or something like that and anytime someone says "baby" the one who catches them takes the clothes pin, also the the string or ribbon to guess how big the baby bump is, baby bingo and baby word scrambles.  These were all done at my shower 8 years ago.  Hard to believe it's been that long.
  • Options
    MrsJax09MrsJax09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Personally I do not like shower games and I REALLY dont like the chocolate in the diaper one (gag at sight). Plus too many really elongate them and people want to come for a few hours to munch, give their gift, oohh ahh at gifts, give well wishes to mom-to-be and go. Just my .02
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    amlinton1615amlinton1615 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Jackie, but I think every shower that I've ever gone to has had the games, lol.
  • Options
    MrsJax09MrsJax09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOL. I know. I was so happy my MOH knows me so well and nixed all games from my bridal shower. I really appreciated it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The plan was to have games during the time before the mom arrived, and during when everyone was eating- something to do if you aren't otherwise busy.  Two or three stationed games were the plan.  We don't want it to get out of hand, but we don't want the guests to be too bored either.I like the guess the size of the bump, and I really like the clothespin one- I have done that at Bridal Showers, and it gets really funny!
  • Options
    lmicoluccilmicolucci member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I, unlike Jackie, LOVE shower games!  The last baby shower I went to they did a guess the baby animal's name. like the baby version of chicken is peep (or chick).  the baby name for a kangaroo is joey.  stuff like that.  you can find games online too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ew please do not do the diaper game.  That game is so gross.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards