Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Vendor Reviews and Photos

Hello ladies! I am back from my honeymoon and finally settling in and writing these reviews for you all. Also, we don't have our pro-pics yet, but there are some pics taken by friends/family on our bio if you want to check them out! Vendor Reviews - 6/27/09 Flowers - We did our bouquets and centerpieces by DIY. We used Fifty Flowers for our rose petals (6000 petals for $140), Global Rose for our bouquet roses (200 Medium Roses for $105), and Abaco Flowers for the spray roses(80 stems for $77). We had more than enough flowers for all of the bouquets and tons of petals left over even after the petal toss. The flowers all came on the day I requested. The only complaint would be that is was soooo hot and that flowers were warm. I took them out immediately to put them in water and they were just fine. I also used some rhinestone sprays in my bouquet that I had bought at Hobby Lobby in their bridal aisle. Reception Hall - Ronald Reagan Lodge We loved the location on the lake and the hall was very clean and nice to use. The only complaint I have is that we booked them in April 2008, and they changed their drink package prices after this and we had to pay the new price. I was annoyed. But talking to other knotties, the price was comparable to other venues. Catering - We used Cincinnati Catering. They did an outstanding job. The food was great and they staff was easy to work with. We had three different entrees, water goblets and salads preset, 4 sides, cake cutting, etc and it was less than $30 per head! DJ - Party Pleasers We were very happy with how our wedding turned out. We had met with our DJ about 2 weeks prior to discuss everything we wanted to play, and then two days before the wedding, they gave us a different DJ. Said the other DJ's grandmother passed. They guy we got, Jeremy, was wonderful and we were so happy we got him! He worked the evening before us in the same venue. He had uplighting set up already from that wedding, that he just left it set up and used it for ours! It was sooo nice of him and we were happy to have that extra thrown in :) Cake - Tracy from Tres Belle - We loooooooved the cake!! It was beautiful and tasted soooo good! I highly recommend her! You will love her work! Chair Covers - We used Spire Elegance. They did a great job and were always friendly when I talked to them on the phone. I wasn't sure which cover and sash we wanted to use, so they let us come pick up two samples and take them to our venue to decide. They gave us a discount because we paid them in cash. Photography - Stacy with Michael Bambino, and Rose was our photojournalist photog - We thought Stacy did an amazing job keeping us on time, especially after my hair appointment went a little later than expected! We haven't seen the photos yet, but we loved working with her! Limo - Your Chauffeur - The limo was very nice, clean, on time. It was somewhat more affordable than some of the other companies we got quotes from. No complaints! Make-up - was DIY by me :) I did however pay for semi-permanent eye lashes because mine are a bit lacking. I got them done at House of Brows in the Kenwood Mall by Heather. She was sooo friendly and did an amazing job! The lashed looked so real, but waaaaay better than my real ones :) I didn't even need mascara with them on. They cost $45 and were worth it to me! My suggestion...I would not have these done if you are leaving for your honeymoon the next day and will be gone for 2 weeks. The lashes lasted about a week, and then they started to fall off, but I was in Europe and did not have the remover with me (that was my fault). Hair - Gretchen (from Identity) - She did an AMAZING job!! Every one of my bridesmaids and my flower girl were soooo happy! She even added in extensions in one of the girl's hair. We hired her to come to the hotel room and it was worth every penny. She is so fun to be around and really listened to exactly what we all wanted. There are a few photos of the hair in my bio. Gown Alterations - Cindy Malinoff - Cindy did an amazing job!! She does alterations and also makes bridal gowns. She is located in the Kenwood area. She also made my veil, cathedral length, which saved me a LOT of money! Gown and Bridemaids dresses - Bridal and Formal - Had no problems, Everything came in on time and fit right (as far as I know)! Flower Girl Dress - MyGirlDress.com The dress was only $70 and it was beautiful! It came very quickly and fit her perfectly! Tuxedos - Peppe Ramundo and Son - We were very pleased! He was one of the cheapest in town and all the guys looked fabulous. He was very fast on the day they went in to pick up the tuxes, and Peppe himself is just a pleasure to work with. 4 of the groomsmen told my Husband that it was the best Tux rental experience they had ever had! So, that was long! :) Have any questions?? Feel free to email me from my website! (There is a link)
imagePregnancy Ticker Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker

Re: Vendor Reviews and Photos

• Options
    CincyBride29CincyBride29 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on your wedding! And welcome back from your honeymoon! Do you mind me asking how much Gretchen charges? I have heard great things about her. TIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    220 Invited image 163 Attending image 57 Declined image 0 Not Replied image
    RSVP Date: June 18th
  • Options
    gianfavlgianfavl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gretchen charges $75 for the bride (and that includes the trial) and $75 per bridesmaid. She charged $50 for the mom and flower girl. I am pretty sure it is $50 per person for just an updo, so I though this price was worth it to have her come to us in the hotel and my trial was included...Plus she is AMAZING!! I have her phone number if you want it!
  • Options
    CincyBride29CincyBride29 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Can you send me her phone number? pixiedst294 @ aol dot com Also...what do you mean it is $75 per bridesmaid and $50 for just an updo? Could you further explain. TIA!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    220 Invited image 163 Attending image 57 Declined image 0 Not Replied image
    RSVP Date: June 18th
  • Options
    gianfavlgianfavl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry - I was typing and didn't finish my thought...I meant it is $50 for an updo at a salon, and it was $75 per updo for her to come to our hotel room. With not having to pay extra for my trial session, I thought it was worth it. I will email you her number. You can tell her you got it from Vicki (that's me!) :)
  • Options
    Mrs42509Mrs42509 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!!!  Your look beautiful!  Can't wait to see your pro pics!
  • Options
    mindiosumindiosu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great pics! Your makeup looked gorgeous. Let me know if you decide to get into the biz :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome back!! How much were your chair covers? I'm looking into this right now and I want to know if I'm getting the best deal. Thanks! Erin
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome back and congrats! :) Semi-permanent lashes??  What a cool idea!  (If this has been posted before, I've definitely missed the ball on this one). And $45 doesn't seem all that much when you you have no lashes to begin with! (That's an exaggeration, but seriously, I may have to investigate this :)) Thanks so much for posting this!  Can't wait to see the pro pics!
  • Options
    gianfavlgianfavl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our chair covers were $3.50 each, which included the sash and the set up and tear down. I was very glad we splurged to make the room look a bit more elegant. As for the lashes, I definitely loved them! I am telling ya, if you don't have full, long lashes, I highly recommend having fake ones for your wedding. I got the semi-permenant because they were supposed to last 2 weeks...mine didn't quite last that long, but I also didn't take the best care of them either. If you don't want to get the semi-permenant ones, but want fakes for pictures, I highly recommend getting the strip lashes in style number 53. You can get them anywhere, like Walmart, Target, Walgreens, etc. They sell glue for the lashes right there too. I put these strips on every one of my bridesmaids and they looked great!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations and welcome back, Vicki!  Can't wait to see your pro pics.  Everything looked wonderful.
  • Options
    gianfavlgianfavl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would LOVE to do make up for a living...not sure how I would ever get that started, but LOVE it! :) Thanks for the compliment! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards