Canada
Options

Pianist

Can anyone recommend a pianist in the Toronto area?Thanks!

Re: Pianist

• Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can make some recs for people who are mostly experienced in Catholic weddings. What kind of wedding are you having, where will it be, and what music is involved?
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married at the Royal Canadian Yacht Club.  The ceremony is outside so they'd have to play on a keyboard.   Basically I just want someone who can play well and who can accompany my brother-in-law-to- be when he sings.
  • Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a friend who's a recent graduate of the music program at U of T. He does a lot of weddings at my church but I think he does weddings outside of church too. Let me give him a heads up and I'll get back to you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
  • Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry I DD'ed but I realized that a clickable email link is probably a bad idea.Anyway here's his contact info again - his name is Matt:matt dot otto at utoronto dot caYou can tell him that you were referred by Adriane.GL!
    Baby Birthday Ticker
  • Options
    miellenmiellen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A friend of mine is a lovely piano teacher who does weddings and accompanies a lot. Her name is Rachel - you could definitely pop her an email!One thing I know is that she'll recommend using a keyboard with weighted keys - to *try* and maintain as much of a real piano sound as possible. Without weighted keys the keyboard sounds like a keyboard.rachel [at] ivorykeysstudio [dot] com- Michelle
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Excellent!  Thanks a lot to both of you!  And for the note on weighted keys!  I'd love to use a real piano but that's obviously not going to happen so the closer it sounds to a piano the better!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards