Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

Thank You Cards

I am having such a hard time coming up with something different to say on every Thank you card... I am finally up to my inlaws... and I'm stumped. I want to say something that will butn them away... but my brain is so friend, I can't think of what to write.. Any ideas ladies?

Re: Thank You Cards

• Haha I made H write the ones for his family.  And I don't agree with what he wrote in his mom's, but thats why I let him write it. 

Thank them for all the support they gave you guys and the help with the wedding planning (assuming they did).  You could really thank them for raising such a great son if you wanted to get really personal.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • See, this is where it's hard... and I'mprobablt thinking to much.... I want to write something from the both of us that will be awesome. However, they really didn't help with the wedding os it's kind of like where do I go from here.
  • Yep, that was the problem with MIL's card.  She contributed nothing to our wedding.  Financially that was fine, but she barely even seemed interested in it, and never asked about it or offered to help with anything at all.  Totally fine I know, I'm just proving a point though.  And she got completely hammered at cocktail hour, so she sobbed during the mother/son dance, then left abut half an hour after dinner ended.  Seriously, WTF?  When H wrote her TY card he wrote "TY for all you did for the wedding.  It wouldn't have been nearly as great without you."  Honestly, I wanted to rip up the card and say write a new one.  But I didn't, and just let it go.  It killed me inside to send that card saying that, but its just a card. 

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Before writing your cards, come up with 5 or 6 different ways of saying thank you, then just rotate them around and around again. For example, here are several examples of different ways you can change up your wording. You can build from these:

It was so good to see you at our wedding! Thank you so much for your wedding gift.

We hope you enjoyed the wedding as much as we did!

Words cannot express how grateful we are for your generosity and kindness.

Our wedding would not have been complete without the support and love of our family/friends. Thank you for sharing in the start of our new life together.

We sincerely thank you for being a part of our wedding celebration and for the generous gift you have given.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards