Colorado-Denver
Options

Planning Advice for Boettcher Mansion

Hello! This is my first time posting on this board. I am in the process of booking Boettcher Mansion for my wedding next year on 4/29/11! I am really excited about this venue, it was originally a little out of my price range, but after looking at a ton of other venues in the area, and doing a lot of cost/benefit analyzing, we realized that we could have our wedding at the place we are absolutely in love with on a Friday night rather than a Saturday wedding at a place we considered to be only so/so. So, I am absolutely thrilled that the final decision has been made for Boettcher Mansion! Anyhow, I am on here to solicit some advice from others whom have either attended a wedding there, are in process of planning a wedding there, or have had their wedding there. Honestly, I am open to learning  EVERYTHING about this venue.....catering used, if any rentals were needed, what kind of tables and chairs do they provide, any problems, etc... I am looking into using one of their preferred caters because of the kitchen fee, does anyone have a recommendation? I would really like a caterer than offers bartending services (on a side note, it looks like the contract wants to know who the bartender will be right away, aye!) We are expecting anywhere from 75-100 guests, however, for budgeting purposes, we are budgeting/planning for absolutely no more than 100. Because of the price of the venue, I have about $3000 to spend on the cater (not including alcohol). I would really appreciate the help and any advice about the venue! 
Thanks! Lucy

Re: Planning Advice for Boettcher Mansion

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I just started planning our wedding at Boettcher Mansion for June 2011. For the bartending clause in the contract, I just wrote in "will be provided by caterer," they said this was fine, even though we don't know who is doing the catering yet.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am in the process of planning our wedding at Boettcher as well. We're in September 2011. Anyway, I didn't write anything in for the bartender thing. It was no big deal. My photographer recommended a couple of caterers, one was the Food Guy who is on the preferred list. I will definitely be looking into them as we get a little closer. Let me know if you find someone great though! It appears that they offer white folding chairs and the tables but all linen rental, silverware, plates, etc. have to be rented through a single company on their preferred list. I am actually considering buying my linens and trying to resell them because it is essentially the same price. I am also wondering if there might be a caterer out there who can provide the necessary plates and what not for the dinner, but we'll have to see. In any case, it's less than $5.00 a person to rent the flatware and stuff, so just factor that in to what you can afford for the catering. I'm hoping to do $15 a head or less (80ish people and a buffet), but I'm not sure if this is reasonable or not. As far as alcohol goes, Mondo Vino in the Highlands is on their preferred list. They are a great wine shop and offer 15% off cases of wine OR you can pay the normal retail price but they will deliver and pickup anything leftover and restock it for free. So you wouldn't have to pay for anything that didn't get opened. Ummm, I think that's everything. There was someone else on here who sent me pictures so I will forward them along to you, just shoot me an email at nhand2206@yahoo.com. Also, we've been working with Megan Dusdal and she's been really great so far. Not intrusive at all, but she answers my emails and what not very quickly. Congrats on finding the perfect spot and good luck planning!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Cool! Yes, I am really going to try to find a caterer that offers silverware, plates, and glasses. That would be really helpful. As far as linens, it sounds like a lot of people buy their own and sell too. I think I am going to be on the lookout for some used linens after this wedding season! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards