Illinois

Funks Grove inspiration

Hi Ladies,
We are getting married at Funk's Grove in October (outdoors in the chapel of the trees, not in the church). The location is beautiful and won't need a lot of decorating, but I still want to do some. For those of you that have been to Funk's Grove, any suggestions on what I can do to decorate a little bit?

Thanks in advance :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Funks Grove inspiration

• I went to a wedding there several years ago, so I don't remember perfectly, but could you do some shepherd's hooks with flowers on them to line both sides of the "aisle"? I know the wedding I attended, the bride's father built a beautiful arch for them to marry under, but that isn't necessary if you wanted to keep it simple.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • We were considering this location for a ceremony too! I've never been but it looks beautiful!
  • I'm from the area, it's a gorgeous location and in the fall, nature will decorate for you.  I have seen some cute shepherd hooks with the "flower balls" on them. I am actually making these balls for my wedding to use in place of pew bows.  Go simple, let the outdoors be your decoration.  Maybe an aisle runner. I like the KISS method.....

good luck and congratulations!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards