Asian Weddings

Yay!

I love that we have this board now! Thanks, Annie! I hope more ladies start coming to join me. :)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Yay!

• edited December 2011
    BentleyBaby, tell me about your wedding.  We are having a traditional American wedding, but my FI's mom is Korean and I am hoping to add a few Korean elements at the reception.  Any ideas?
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Ellnor! Welcome! :D So glad you stopped by!I'm hoping more girls will start to find the board & help really add to the ideas, etc.I'm Korean (obviously. haha) and my FI is Cuban so we're hoping to incorporate various parts of our cultures into our wedding even though we will be having a traditional ceremony as well.I grew up in America (as I was adopted) so I'm honestly not immediately familiar with ALL the traditions.But one thing (so far) that we are doing is using traditional Korean wedding ducks for our cake toppers. I could find any regular toppers that we liked. and then I remembered those. They are painted and wooden and typically given as a gift to the bride & groom. They are then displayed in their new home & used almost as a display of the state of the relationship. for example, if the couple is fighting, they might face them away from one another, etc. My brother studied in Korea for school last month & I asked him to bring them back for us. :)
  • edited December 2011
    What a great idea!  I haven't found any cake toppers that I like either, and I think that FI's grandmother would send us some! Where are you getting married?  Feel free to email me if you find any other good links or ideas marmar1014@hotmail.com
  • edited December 2011
    That would be awesome! :) That was just one of the ideas I've had. I've tossed a few others around but that's the only one I've officially decided on so far. I'll definitely let you know if I have any more ideas. & please, do the same. & keep checking back on here! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Make sure to take the string off the female duck. I read somewhere that the string is on the mouth so she keeps quiet or something along those lines.  It's a cute idea for the cake topper though! When I went to visit family in Korea I watched a Traditional Korean wedding.  It was so interesting and beautiful. I didn't have any Korean elements in the wedding (my mom is from Korea and her side all lives there still). 
  • edited December 2011
    haha. I'll definitely have to keep the female duck string in mind. My FI will find it amusing I'm sure. haha. I used to have traditional korean wedding figurines that were beautiful. And I do have a traditional hanbok dress. Not a wedding one. But I love it. I don't wear it much (obviously) but it's gorgeous. Another aspect I'd like to incorporate is the bright colorings they use in Korean architecture, clothing, etc. So beautiful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards