Pennsylvania

help! time for outdoor poconos wedding

i'm also posting this in the outdoor wedding section, but maybe someone familiar with the area can help me out!

we really really need to finalize a time so we can get the info to all our vendors.  i stressed out originally over which weekend to do it - either 10/2 or 9/25 and decided to move it a week earlier to have a slightly higher chance of warmer weather... and now i'm stressing over the time.  i'm thinking either 2-8 or 1-7.  my concern is that it's in the mountain area (poconos, pa) and that the sun will be setting around 6... and that once the sun goes down it might get chilly out.  but moving it earlier means getting ready earlier!!!  someone suggested that i could do 2-8 and if people want to leave early they can just do so... but still i don't want a mass exodus when i'm paying for all this time.  it's also a sunday.  but i've been to sunday weddings that end at 9 or so, so my concern is moreso the chill when the sun goes down.  of course, for all i know it could be 95 degrees and we'll be begging for the sun to go down. 

i visited the poconos 10/10 of this past year and i remember it got pretty warm during the day, but was cold at night.  but this is 2 weeks earlier than that now.

so wha'ts the better option??? 1-7 or 2-8????

Re: help! time for outdoor poconos wedding

• edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in Milford on 10/01/11 and set my ceremony for 2:30.  We are doing everything outside.  Our reception will go until at least 8, and I'm not at all worried about the temperature.  I've lived here for a while now, and I would say that time of the year is still early enough to not stress over it getting cold.  Are you having a tent? If so, you can get sides or even rent those outside heaters at the last minute if they predict colder evening temps.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • nic9911nic9911 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    collins,
    where in milford are you getting married. love that town, used to live there
    peanutty
    I dont think the hour makes the difference and think its still reasonably warm. is your entire venue outside?
    imagetotes-your call/
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-northeastern_time-outdoor-poconos-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:624Discussion:2dc64955-b0fa-4eca-b4b8-0d70e85f3d97Post:1de8ec8f-4257-4a39-8b38-e52a42a70298">Re: help! time for outdoor poconos wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]collins, where in milford are you getting married. love that town, used to live there peanutty I dont think the hour makes the difference and think its still reasonably warm. is your entire venue outside?
    Posted by nic9911[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>We are getting married at Laurel VIlla (small family inn on the edge of town).  We are doing the ceremony by the garden and having the reception under a tent.  The property is beautiful and the owners are amazing to work with (plus the price was great).  Everyone loves it when we tell them the location we picked.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • nic9911nic9911 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hosted a wine tasting for a charity event there last summer. They did a wonderful job, the food was great and the owners were wonderful. The gardens are beautiful and it will be so pretty.
    imagetotes-your call/
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • julbgordojulbgordo member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think choosing between 1-7 and 2-8 isn't that much of a difference.  You'll have plenty of time to get ready in the morning with both options.  Whatever you choose, I think it will all work out fine.  We're doing a Sunday wedding, but in June, and our ceremony will begin at 1.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards