Iowa-Des Moines
Options

Ceremony Help

Hi!
 I am looking for a church in Des Moines that will allow us to have the ceremony without being members. I live in another state and my parents don't have a home church here. We are anticipating about 125 guests. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Ceremony Help

• Options
    McsweetsMcsweets member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Unity Church
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Covenant Presbyterian Church in West Des Moines.  I believe you'll need to complete classes, but it's a beautiful church and location.
  • Options
    medusia00medusia00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is a Catholic Church downtown that will let you have your ceremony there, however it does cost a little over $1000. I don't know what your budget is, HTH
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at The Church of the Land at Living History Farms in Urbandale.  You can bring in whoever you want to do the service, and it is a beautiful location.  It is $1000 to rent for 5 hours the day of and 1 hour the day before your wedding for a rehearsal. It holds 150 people 
    Also, the Candle Lit Way Wedding Chapel in Dallas Center is a chapel for rent for your ceremony, but I'm not sure on the capacity, you would have to call and ask them.   
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the suggestions!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards