Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Rehearsal Dinner

I have a couple of bridesmaids that are married with children. Am I supposed to invite their husband and kids to the rehearsal dinner? Aside from being alot of money, it will be distracting for the kids to be running around during the hour long rehearsal at the church. What should I do?

Re: Rehearsal Dinner

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You need to invite spouses /significant others of the wedding party. They are a social unit. It woudl be nice ti invite their kids if the kids are coming to the wedding because it saves them having to get a sitter. But it is not manditory just nice to people who you are saying thank you to.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You must invite spouses and sig others of everyone.  They are a social unit, and never get invited without the other (except to a single sex thing, like a shower).  For the kids, you can do an adult only RD if you want. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Husbands most definitely need to be invited. Are the kids invited to the wedding?  If so, and if the families are from OOT, then you really should invite the kids.  If the kids are not invited to the wedding or if the families are local, there's no real need to invite the kids.
    Kate ~ Mommy to Matthew 3/29/07 & Kylie 12/30/08 & Chase 3/31/11
  • Options
    banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Keb.You HAVE to invite the spouses.  If the families have traveled OOT and you're inviting the kids to the wedding then IMO invite them to the RD too.  However if that isn't the case then just invite the spouse and if they want to bring the kids, let them know that they'll need to get a sitter.  Also, the rehearsal won't take a full hour as long as everyone is on time and focused.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards