South Asian Weddings

Exchanging wedding rings

For those that had or are having just the hindu ceremony, did you guys exchange or plan to exchange wedding rings? If so, when did/do you exchange the rings? I haven't talked to the priest yet about this but i was thinking about doing it after the "sindoor" and "mangalsutra" thing. I have also heard of the couple exchanging rings at the reception. Any thoughts or suggestions?TIA

Re: Exchanging wedding rings

• Meghana55Meghana55 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we exchanged after we tied the mangalasutra.  MIL had given me some jewelry as a wedding present, so we  had the mangalasutra, the jewely and wedding rings all together.  After the mangalasutra was tied, we just did a quick exchanging of rings. 
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing pretty much the same thing -- our order is sindoor, mangalstura, wedding rings, and toe rings. This is what we have put in the wedding program so far and hopefully the priest will be ok with it. HTH!
  • edited December 2011
    yup same here, we did it right after the mangalsutra was put on. we actually didnt talk to the priest about it before hand, it never occured to me, he just had us do it in that order.
  • edited December 2011
    We don't have a hindu ceremony, but we are doing the following cultural traditions right together: exchange of rings, drinking of milk, mangal sutra, mithai exchange.  I'm not sure the exact order yet.
  • edited December 2011
    We actually did the entire Hindu ceremony first, then got up,stood in front of the mandap and did some quick vows and a ring exchange...then the pundiitji announced us husband and wife and we started the processional
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards