Not Engaged Yet

It's FRIDAY! What's up?

Hey guys! Everyone's being so non-posty today. What's up?I'll share a work story:I'm a part-time receptionist at a law firm (20 hours/week), and there is another part-time receptionist that works about 8-10 hours a week.Recently, I was discussing with my office manager that we should teach "receptionist B" to open new files and send out letters, because as of now, I do all the new files.My manager asks if I think it would be worth it to teach receptionist B, considering she is leaving for a second 2-week vacation next week.WAIT.So, the girl leaves for 2 weeks in May. I cover all her shifts (why not? it's not a hard job). Comes back, will not cover my shifts while I go on vacation to see my parents.Then she leaves for another 2-week vacation in the beginning of August. Just for fun. I'm going to cover all her shifts and spend the money on a new wardrobe for school. Because I can.Dang, to be 19 and unreliable again. She really just doesn't care about this job. I know it's part time, but if you're gonna have a job... shouldn't you give it your best shot? Her mom and dad pay for college, housing, and everything, apparently this is just so she has a little more pocket money. At least everyone I work with says I'm an awesome receptionist. That makes me feel good. I mean, I know I rock. :)It just frustrates me when all these young'uns just don't care about anything. And their parents hand everything to them, like that's what life is about. Grr.
Anniversary

Re: It's FRIDAY! What's up?

• edited December 2011
    What's sad about a lot of these people is they don't grow out of it. They just have a really poor work ethic and as long as employers keep putting up with it, they'll stay that way. Here's the highlight of my day...I'm looking a reception choice number 2! If this one doesn't turn out to be beautiful, I'm going to have to get creative since the only choices left in town are the tiny legion and VFW. Small towns definitely have their downside when it comes to planning special occasions.
  • edited December 2011
    I worked my little tushy off yesterday so that I could be done work early today, so I can go to the cottage. At the moment, I am packed, and ready to go, and waiting for BF to get here. I am wearing new jeans today though, which makes me pretty happy. I love new clothes!
    He pretty much had me at "hello".
    -- PS I agree with whatever Jeana said --
  • edited December 2011
    I feel for you.  I use to be a receptionist at a law firm and that was always my main beef.  Now I'm a legal secretary and it is so much better... but there's always something going on that pisses me off, lol.  Oh, to be rich and not working!
  • edited December 2011
    I am SO hitting up the Old Navy Buy One Get One 50% Off sale this weekend, in anticipation of extra hours when receptionist B (who is NOT awesome like me) is out for 2 weeks. Again.Yay new clothes!
    Anniversary
  • PandaBurrPandaBurr member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Damn young'uns. I hated working with people who had bad ethics, and believe me, I worked in a lot of situations where they were all kids. (Best Buy, Disneyland, a kids' pizza buffet, BCBG)As for me, I just spent $400 getting the dogs caught up on vaccines and getting health certificates for travel yesterday. Today we're looking for a crate for the big dog since she has to go in the cargo. I found one on craigslist for $40 and offered $30, but she said someone else is supposed to pick it up tonight. If that falls through, then she'll e-mail me about it. I really hope I get it, because we're looking at $110 new. Then we need to get a soft-sided carrier for my little chihuahua for the in-cabin travel, which I found one for $35 that meets the size specifications. Then when it comes to the actual travel day, we gotta pay $200 for cargo dog and $175 for in-cabin dog. I'm a little bummed about all this money, but getting them kenneled for a little over two weeks would be just as expensive./end rant
  • edited December 2011
    Almost done with work. Thank god.Jeana~ I can't imagine being a receptionist or legal secretary.  The lawyers here treat the staff like crap about 86% of the time it seems.  Helll, I'm a contract attorney with them and they talk at me (not TO me) like I'm an idiot a LOT.  It gets old real fast.  At least you seem to be in a place where the lawyers are nicer.Panda~ Where are headed? I must've missed it somehow...
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Married Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My first love.

Me: 31 DH: 30

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    1st BFP: 10/27/12, cycle before we had planned to see RE
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
    edited December 2011
    We're headed to NM to visit BF's family, and then from there we're driving to Lake Navajo (his parents are giving us a car!) for three days. After that, we're driving to So Cal for a wedding that I have yet to receive an invitation for but know that I'm pretty much obligated to attend (I made a post about this a few weeks ago, but DD due to too much info), and then we're hanging out there for a week.
  • edited December 2011
    Oh yea I did see about the wedding and thought that was a bit odd.Have fun though!  It sounds great; I really need a vacation.
    Married Bio

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
    edited December 2011
    Even if somehow only the invitations addressed to the cousins got destroyed, it's been like a month now. I really think it was just a lame excuse to cover up not wanting to spend money on invitations for everyone.But yeah, other than that, I'm really looking forward to it. A few days at the lake, and Disneyland! Oh, and some good hot wings, finally. Gonna get me some Buffalo Wild Wings!
  • edited December 2011
    Jealous! I've never been to Disneyland!
    Married Bio

BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
    edited December 2011
    D: That must be remedied!!
  • edited December 2011
    Acro: My office peoples are AWESOME. The paralegals are all super-nice and helpful whenever I have my hands full or I'm on the phone. They'll answer the phone for me or come out to the foyer and accept shipments or make coffee.Even the attorneys are (for the most part) awesome. There's a girl who is only about 2 years older than me and she's really got my back in case I ever have trouble with a client or person making payments or need a notary for something.One of the partners is kind of picky (he MUST have CHOPPED walnuts, not WHOLE walnuts for his oatmeal)... but he's got a good sense of humor. The other is an old guy who used to be a college English teacher, and he's very laid back and just enjoys life. He always takes a second to ask how my day is and how my cats are. :)Then, there's one jerk attorney, and one really funny attorney... and two secretaries who are both pretty nice.And then my office manager, who is very fun and honest about everything. She really likes me a lot because I'm not the usual silly 18-year-old college freshman receptionist they usually get stuck with. We relate very well because I have management experience, and because I'm sassy and sarcastic like she is.I love my job! Even if it gets slow and boring some days, I thank my lucky stars for 8-5, Monday-Friday... working around my school schedule, and also... NOT working retail anymore.<3 job
    Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Have you been to Disney World? That's closer to your area.
  • edited December 2011
    I agree.  But I *am* going to the beach on Sunday, so that's good.  :)Alright ladies, I'm out!  See you on...Monday probably.  Have a great weekend!
    Married Bio

BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • hisgoldeneyeshisgoldeneyes member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ooooh Panda, I've been trying to convince my friends to go to Buffalo Wild Wings but we're yet to go. I thought we were going today but they changed the restaurant.  =( I was really looking forward to it too. Have a good vacation though!
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, I will! It's pretty good, since they have all the different flavor options. I love the hottest one they have, and nowhere in Seattle has anything close to BWW. I've been to a place called Wingdome, and they hottest sauce they have doesn't taste good. Sure, it burns, but where's the yummy flavor?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards