North Carolina

Andrea

I don't need marital counceling..if I do...i'll be sure to come to you first for a recommendation. You have been one of the rudest girls on the knot and I think maybe you could use a little counseling.

Photobucket

Re: Andrea

• edited December 2011

i think you need some marital conseling... way to go.ticking off a vendor prior to your wedding day.

• edited December 2011
    wow, it's like the EXACT same.  I'd be pretty upset about it.  Not sure there is much you can do.  As far as your wedding though, he doesn't really have that kind of control since every wedding is different.  I would check to see if he's done another wedding at your location and be specific that you don't want the same shots for the formals.

0Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Awww Janece....I hate that this happened to you.  I completely 100% understand your fury though because this kind of happened to my DH and I with our e-pics, too.  Our photographer takes the same pictures in the same locations, too.  I was absolutely furious when I first found out.  But, with time, lots of time, it did pass.  I don't understand why they would want to do this.  In your case, you are most definitely going to find out because he posts to a public blog.  My photographer does not post his pictures for public viewing.  It just so happened that I found out when I asked to see a former knotties e-pics that the same photographer had shot.  I don't know what kind of words of wisdom to offer you.  I wasn't bold enough to point it out to mine, so I just let it pass.  But, Melissa is right, your wedding pics should be unique since every wedding is different.  GL!

Leigh Anne & Billy
    *October 2nd, 2010*
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My internet keeps screwing up so this is the third time I've typed a response, but anyway.

Although I think I would also be upset about the similarities in the photos, it's not like anyone who cares is going to see both.  Do you know those people?  Do you have mutual friends?  Probably not.  You're not going to look at your beautiful photos forever and think about the similarities.

I also noticed that the blog post says the photos were taken back in the summer.  It's possible that yours was the second shoot at that location and with those poses, not that he copied your shoot with them.  I can't remember how you worded your OP. 

Andrea is far from the rudest poster on TK.  I bet she wouldn't even make the top 50.  Have you lurked on a lot of the national boards?  There are some doozies.  And she has a point, vendor bashing has gotten girls in trouble, it's not just knot lore.  I'm not agreeing with the way she said it, I'm just saying that in there somewhere, there was a legitimate point. 

If I were you I'd ask the photographer why he chose to blog their photos and not yours.  Since they're so similar in composition it would make me wonder.

Have you read this blog post (clicky) that was circulating a few months ago?  That part would bother me more than anything, I think.  I don't post that to make you more angry, just to see if you've considered anything like that.
    edited December 2011
    Actually, I take back the part about how yours may have come second.  You can tell in the photos where you're laying on the ground holding hands that the plants in the pots grew from your session to theirs. 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_would-mad-saw-someone-exact-same-esession?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:115Discussion:b3b1f6d0-6616-421a-a50a-65cb22cb62e1Post:b8389201-2c69-486f-a2f4-ac61682b89a5">I'm replying to the original post.</a>:
    [QUOTE]My internet keeps screwing up so this is the third time I've typed a response, but anyway. Although I think I would also be upset about the similarities in the photos, it's not like anyone who cares is going to see both.  Do you know those people?  Do you have mutual friends?  Probably not.  You're not going to look at your beautiful photos forever and think about the similarities. I also noticed that the blog post says the photos were taken back in the summer.  It's possible that yours was the second shoot at that location and with those poses, not that he copied your shoot with them.  I can't remember how you worded your OP.  Andrea is far from the rudest poster on TK.  I bet she wouldn't even make the top 50.  Have you lurked on a lot of the national boards?  There are some doozies.  And she has a point, vendor bashing has gotten girls in trouble, it's not just knot lore.  I'm not agreeing with the way she said it, I'm just saying that in there somewhere, there was a legitimate point.  If I were you I'd ask the photographer why he chose to blog their photos and not yours.  Since they're so similar in composition it would make me wonder. Have you read this blog post (clicky) that was circulating a few months ago?  That part would bother me more than anything, I think.  I don't post that to make you more angry, just to see if you've considered anything like that.
    Posted by pirategal03[/QUOTE]

My reason for saying that Andrea was rude was not because of her post under mine, but because she was the first one to say she didn't like them when I posted them on here. She could have just kept it to herself that she didn't like my pictures. I don't like everyone's pictures I see posted on the knot, but im not going to comment and tell them I don't like their pictures...who does that?
    Photobucket

edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_would-mad-saw-someone-exact-same-esession?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:b3b1f6d0-6616-421a-a50a-65cb22cb62e1Post:e8c2598d-2817-44bd-a943-b1352ddb7a7f">Re: I'm replying to the original post.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to I'm replying to the original post. : My reason for saying that Andrea was rude was not because of her post under mine, but because she was the first one to say she didn't like them when I posted them on here. She could have just kept it to herself that she didn't like my pictures. I don't like everyone's pictures I see posted on the knot, but im not going to comment and tell them I don't like their pictures...who does that?
    Posted by jmp0930[/QUOTE]

Evidently Andrea.

It's the internet, people are crazy. 
  • edited December 2011
    it's funny that the whole post is on originality.  i looked at your venue when looking for mine and one thing i noticed in all work from that venue is that they all looked the same.  basically that told me that the venue was the same for each wedding they did there.  so yes don't expect your wedding day photography to be much different than all the books they have to show you.  at the end of the day it's still a checkered floor.
  • edited December 2011
    looks like a dirty deleter in action....
  • edited December 2011

hello!  i have not been on here in a little while but from what others have said - i can gather what happened.

i would not at all be upset that our photos were similar.  the only way i would be the least bit upset is if a close friend had the same photographer and did the exact same location and poses...and even then i probably would not care.  afterall, imitation is the best form of flattery!

i own an interior design and remodeling firm and i cannot tell you how many times i have use the same countertop, paint color, or cabinetry finish!  they all go on my website that i know my past clients frequent...but do they care?  no, bc each space (and each person) is different and add their own personality and taste.

i understand that you were disappointed to see this - but as mary said...you don't have the same group of viewers or run in the same circles.  and i don't understand photographers who pick and choose who they blog - that is odd to me...but for some reason he chose them. 

i saw your pics way back and they were fabulous!  ones you can frame and keep forever!  i would be thankful for that and not worry that someone else has similar poses and maybe copied your ideas...just means someone loved them enough to duplicate...and that, in itself, is a huge compliment!

June 2011 Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses - but they will be in BLACK!
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_would-mad-saw-someone-exact-same-esession?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:115Discussion:b3b1f6d0-6616-421a-a50a-65cb22cb62e1Post:3006a67d-c6dc-4539-81f5-acfc0dac9eb7">Re: Andrea</a>:
    [QUOTE]it's funny that the whole post is on originality.  i looked at your venue when looking for mine and one thing i noticed in all work from that venue is that they all looked the same.  basically that told me that the venue was the same for each wedding they did there.  so yes don't expect your wedding day photography to be much different than all the books they have to show you.  at the end of the day it's still a checkered floor.
    Posted by andrea01012009[/QUOTE]

You don't get it. And that is fine that you dont get it and im definitely not going to spend my time trying to explain everything, because I don't need to. And im not getting married in the same room as everyone else..so I won't have the black and white checked floor room that you see in most pictures. If you read the article/post that Mary attached to her post..you would get what I was saying (because that is exactly what I was angry about without blatantly saying it. I could really care less that our pictures were in the same place (its NC, its small, and of course photographers are going to use the same locations for shoots, weddings, etc.) I deleted my post because 1) I spoke to my photographer about the situation and 2) I agreed that I shouldn't have to gone that far and upset him by saying mean/hurtful things. Im grown up enough to admit when im wrong and since I felt that I was in the wrong, I got rid of my post.
    Photobucket

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards