Indiana
Options

Need to vent about Fiance!!

Ok, so at the beginning of our planning I planned out a pretty strict budget-  He agreed we could save the amount of money each month that I came up with. But for the past month we havent been able to put a dime into our wedding account. Every time I explain to him that I'm worried we arent going to be able to save enough he keeps saying dont worry we will be fine....Also, I have been trying to find good deals to go ahead and buy that way I can save more in the long run.  example-- I found a girl selling the overlays that I want for a fairly good deal.  When I asked him about going ahead and buying them he responds with- I thought you were trying to save money not spend it?  He doesnt understand the idea of buying it now while it will be cheaper as opposed to buying it closer to the wedding and probably will be more expensive!  How do I explain that I cant wait for everything to be done a week before we get married????Sorry this was a little long!Thanks for reading!!

Re: Need to vent about Fiance!!

• Options
    Married678Married678 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Some men don't understand shopping strategies :)~
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If overlays are in the budget and you find them at a really good deal then yes you should get them.I bought things the whole year leading up to our wedding.  It actually helps:  A) you don't have to unload a bunch of money leading up to the wedding B) You won't be stressing running around buying all the stuff.I did a running budget I will email you if you want.  It had everything I thought we needed to buy and what I budgeted it would cost. Once I bought it or got the estimate I changed the cost to the actual cost.  I also had a column showing what I had spent.  This allowed us to spend and save at the same time while keep track of what or totals were.Just post your email if you want me to send it over.
  • Options
    Luvngrl247Luvngrl247 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ya that would be great Chrissy!  ThanksLuvngrl247@comcast.net
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I will get it to you sometime this weekend.  I have a rehearsal dinner tonight and wedding tomorrow.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh Luvngrl247 do I hear ya. FI doesn't get doing things this far in advance. And he doesn't understand why I would buy things like BM gifts now!!!! (um HELLO awesome deal!?!?) I feel ya. I wish when men got engageement rings the stores would make them watch and informative video first about wedding planning. That might help... ;)
  • Options
    Married678Married678 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    KJPUGS- that might make them think twice about buying that ring ;P lol!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My fiance makes me crazy at moments as well because he has no idea everything that goes into planning a wedding; however, my FMIL is great at giving him a reality check. I have way over a year until my wedding, but recently purchased all the invitations (DIY kit) because they were on clearance, super cheap, and look expensive! Fiance thinks I'm out of control with the wedding stuff, but his mom let him know how much I saved him from the regular cost and he backed off a little. I don't know that I can give you coping tips, but definitely try to get him to understand that paying for everything the month of the wedding will multiply your costs exponentially.  You are defiinitely saving money by spending some now. Maybe Chrissy's spreadsheet will help him understand.Good luck!
  • Options
    jessicravensjessicravens member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Chrissy, Would you send that to me too?  Just whenever you get time! mrs.dunn2be@live.com  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just a suggestion i was going to do overlays, but instead am using grosgrain ribbon. Saw a picture online and it's so beautiful and different. The picture had one row of 4 thick ribbons 2 alternating colors with a 1/4 inch space in between then another row with the same format perpendicular to It and the ribbons where weaves together where they crossed.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Stubbysgirl - Do you have a picture of the ribbon idea? It sounds really interesting!
  • Options
    Luvngrl247Luvngrl247 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I would like to see a picture of the ribbon idea also if you have one... you can email it to me at Luvngrl247@comcast.net   TIA!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards