Not Engaged Yet
Options

Has this happened to you?

So i was super excited Monday morning because i was flying down to go see Drew and his family while they were in Florida and stay with them for a few days. Well during my lay over in ATL Drew told me he had two surprises for me... one little and one big surprise.. then i flew into Pensacola and Drew picked me up and during my hour flight i was trying to think of what my surprises were..esp my big one.. i was thinking about a few things and then of course the thought of a ring and him popping the question popped into my head.. Well that night after we had had a great day at the beach i asked what my surprises were and he said that i would find out when my parents got there..(who were back in TN).. so then he said he was just kidding that i didnt have a second surprise that he was just trying to get me to think he was going to ask me.. Now this has really got me thinking.. does that mean he's really thinking about it now or is it that he just thinks he's funny.. Lol So my question is has your BF or FI ever done this to you... making you think he was going to propose? lol

Re: Has this happened to you?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    noand i'm glad because that doesn't strike me as a very nice thing to do :-/
    image image image image 
    "but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    no my fiance never did this - that's pretty mean of him to do that and really isn't very funny in my opinion.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thats kinda cruel :(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No, my FI never did that and I think it's pretty mean that your bf did that to you.
  • Options
    fletch102483fletch102483 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    definitly not
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I never have and never will understand the posts on this board that are basically the equivalent of: "My boyfriend played a prank on me making me think he was going to propose, and that's just how we are and I thought it was SOOO sweet!" because I most certainly to not find it sweet, funny, cute, or anything desirable. If my BF did something like that I would be VERY hurt. Playing with someone's emotions is just wrong.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Married Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My first love.

Me: 31 DH: 30

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    1st BFP: 10/27/12, cycle before we had planned to see RE
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    agreed acrosthec - there is never a good time to play with someone's emotions
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lol yeah i guess you just have to know how we are.. lol And if he had actually got down on one knee or actually asked me then i would have been very angry and hurt but it does make me wonder if he's thinking of doing it soon.. Lol
  • Options
    fletch102483fletch102483 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If this is "just how you are" and this is normal behavior in your relationship, why are you looking for comfort?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lol i'm not looking for comfort dear... i was looking for some funny stories to read while i was at work.. but thanks anyways...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nope.  And I must say it sounds like you are dating a real winner.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I hope you are actually laughing out loud because you sure are saying "LoL" alot. For the record, if FI had EVER done anything like, I'd have given him a swift kick in the balls.
  • Options
    magsugar13magsugar13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's OK honey, you can cover your disappointment and acknowledgement that you BF is a douche, by LOL. We have seen it all before. Good luck with this one. I wonder in 5 years if he will still be so funny? LOL on that!
    Spring Break 2013
  • Options
    weddnoviceweddnovice member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No, that never happened to me.  I wouldn't think that was funny.  When DH proposed - he just meant it.  He didn't have fun trying to lead me on or anything.  I'm sorry that happened to you :-(Maybe you should kick him in the balls and laugh.  :-P
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I remember the girl who posted with a similar story. Her BF got down on one knee with 'the look' in his eyes and then went *tickle tickle tickle*  I would have kneed him so hard he couldn't get back up. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Umm, no, my now-DH never did anything like that.  I think it's cruel.Of course, I also didn't have to pester my DH to propose.  He was the one to bring up discussions of marriage, and he was the one to first start mentioning the future.  He didn't do stupid stuff like toy with my emotions, joke about proposing, or make me think he was ready for a commitment when he wasn't.
  • Options
    rubiarach84rubiarach84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Eh.  My bf did this to me this weekend. He got down on his knee and had a bottle of Powerade behind his back.  He said, "will you"...pause..."hold my Powerade??"   And it isn't the first time he has done something like that.  It is really frustrating.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    He got down on his knee and had a bottle of Powerade behind his back. He said, "will you"...pause..."hold my Powerade??" And it isn't the first time he has done something like that. It is really frustrating.Seriously?  I'm sorry, but what a jerk.I would knee him, push him over, and walk away not speaking to him until he apologized if that was my BF.  That is not acceptable behavior and he knows it.  I deserve better that to have my emotions toyed with like that, and so do you.  If it frustrates you, tell him!  Make him stop!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Married Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My first love.

Me: 31 DH: 30

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    1st BFP: 10/27/12, cycle before we had planned to see RE
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My BF has told me there will be many occasions where I will think he will propose...For example, this year so far:  For our 2yr anniversary in March he takes me to this amazing hotel up North with the view of the bay from our room with a jacuzzi, takes me to a fancy restaurant...no engagement...For my birthday in May he takes me up North again, great views from the hotel room again, and dinner, no ring...we get home from our stay up north and he takes me for a carriage ride and I have never been on one before so I was super excited, anticipating this is going to be it!  WRONG!  So, inbetween all of these things from then till now, there have been so many romantic times he could have done it...still hasn't...On top of all that he drops hints of the engagement.  I have gotten clues:  white and its something we've done together and something to do where we first kissed in public...I thought I remembered these things, but honestly I have been thinking and thinking...no idea....so yes, he does these things on a monthly basis...so I feel your pain...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    and i'm not saying the things he does for me is bad because I love that he does these things for me, but he gets that look in his eyes like he wants to ask me to marry him....and it just gets frustrating sometimes!  But it will happen when it happens!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think I'd be angry. Anyway, no, I have never had an experience like this. Bf likes to tease me, make me think in the opposite direction of what he's going to do, but never anything major, just silly stuff.
    He pretty much had me at "hello".
    -- PS I agree with whatever Jeana said --
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards