Not Engaged Yet

I'm not surprised.

Was I being too sarcastic?

Re: I'm not surprised.

• edited December 2011
    I am totally and utterly lost.Wut?
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Did she post anything after Jeana?I didn't even think I was particularly rude.  My actual response was MUCH worse. 
  • edited December 2011
    Wow, that was quick.  Panda, you didn't say anything too harsh unless I missed one of your comments. 
  • edited December 2011
    OH! Now I get it.... that one thread. Well, that wasn't THAT bad. Mutley was a bit... well, you know. Like I said, brutally honest, maybe. But it's so not the worst I've seen.Heck, people have been far meaner to ME and I didn't DD. Now I really understand the full sense of "DD" because I feel disappointed. I was trying to be nice to her because she didn't seem beyond hope. Just like she was getting all worked up over nothing.Dang, I'm sad now. I totally was ready to take her under my little wing and help her and everything.:'(
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I totally missed it - what happened?
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • hisgoldeneyeshisgoldeneyes member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did I miss a thread or something?  DD?
  • edited December 2011
    Rachel, nothing that bad even happened! I'm in shock. I so expected to go back, and find that the girl said something like "Oh, yeah, you know I can see why I sounded that way."And then she'd say she doesn't actually expect a whole year of attention, and that her FSIL was BSC, and she doesn't want to be that way.ANd then Mutley and Panda would say "Aww, that's cool! We's like you now!" And we'd all hold hands and sing songs and be happy.I'm hungry.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know if I was brutal.  LOL.  Honest, definitely.  Short story:  She was waiting to get engaged so that she wouldn't have to share the spotlight with her bf's brother and SIL getting pregnant.  She complained about the SIL getting a whole year of wedding thunder, yet wanted the same thing for herself.
  • edited December 2011
    You're so much nicer than I, Jeana. 
  • edited December 2011
    DDs are so annoying because they basically waste our time.  I hope that the girl grows up a little.  It doesn't seem like she's ready to be married yet. 
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, and then some of us gave her perfectly nice advice, and then Mutley told her she was being a brat or whatever..... I don't think she said brat, but she said something about the year of spotlight being redonkulous.And then Panda joined in and stole Mutley's spotlight.And Mutley got a bit sarcastic....And Panda said some thing....And I said "Even the seemingly rude posts have good advice, not everybody sugar-coats everything and I've found the people here to be invaluable, so welcome to the boards!"And that engagements don't have to be a year...And then IT WAS GONE! Before I even knew what happened. As evidenced by my first response to this thread.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I'm sad I missed it - it seems like all the BSC chicks DD before I get to see them lately...
  • edited December 2011
    Hey now, I only got truly sarcastic after she called me rude.  I figured I might as well live up to it.  My favorite part about her was that her sn made me want to say mitsubishi.  I crack me up. (And probably no one else.)
  • PandaBurrPandaBurr member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The last post I made was something about her age and how "dating a long time" probably doesn't mean much considering she's 21 and she had these issues with spotlight stealing and such. Then it was gone. I don't think I'm nearly as mean as other people on here.
  • edited December 2011
    It was the line 'my future parents-in-law are not going to be as excited about my wedding because my future sister-in-law could be potentially pregnant at the same time'  I thought was ridiculous.
  • edited December 2011
    Oh that's lame.  I gave her real advice despite my instincts.  They should just get rid of the delete button.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• edited December 2011
    They should just get rid of the delete button.And replace it with a "modify post" button. I am so tired of having to copy, delete, paste, fix typo, post. Grr!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with the modify post button. I hate catching an error and not being able to fix it. Sad that Mitsubishi or whatever you guys called her DD'd. I actually gave her good advice I thought. She didn't seem entirely screwed up.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Married Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My first love.

Me: 31 DH: 30

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    1st BFP: 10/27/12, cycle before we had planned to see RE
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • angelgurl798angelgurl798 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lol I know this is totally of topic but what does DD mean? And are there any other abbreviations I should know for posting? lol
  • edited December 2011
    DD means dirty delete - it's when someone posts something up and doesn't get the responses they hoped for and delete the thread and all the helpful responses associated with it. It is commonly felt as a slap to all the people who did respond because it removes all the advice given that other people could have benefited from.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards