Honeymoon Discussions

Sandals Grande St. Lucian--helicopter ride worth it?

We're going to St. Lucia for our HM and trying to decide whether or not to take the helicopter from the airport to the resort---has anyone done this/have any advice?TIA!!

Re: Sandals Grande St. Lucian--helicopter ride worth it?

•  We did the helicopter ride going to the airport on our departure date from Sandals Grande. It was wonderful. The views were awesome, and it sure beat the long drive on the twisty roads. If you have the money, definitely do it! And I would not book through Sandals. I booked through my TA and she got us a better rate.
  • Can anyone give me an idea of how they found the Sandals in St. Lucia? I think there are 3 andyou can stay at one, but visit the other 2??? Which is the best of the 3 hotels and is it as gorgeous as the magazines or is it all hype? We were originally going ot go to either Aruba or St. Maarten but then we saw the Sandals catalogue and we're seriously thinking of booking there. Thanks for your advice! :)
  • Ariesbunny:I've got about 200 pics from our HM at the Grande in St. Lucia.  Yes, it is as beautiful as they say.  Feel free to click the links below my siggy pic for our review and the pics from all 7 days. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. PS, we never did go to the other two resorts so I can't speak for what they are like.  I do know that according to the owner of the company I work for the Grande is the best one (that's who originally told me about it when I was planning our hm). HTH
  • I briefly stopped by the Regency and Halcyon for dinner. Wasn't impressed with the Halcyon. The Regency was nice. But I liked the Grande the best. Supposedly the Grande has the best beach. The Halcyon doesn't even compare. It doesn't offer as many amenities and restaurants as the other 2. The Regency is supposed to be quieter than the Grande.The helicopter ride was about $120 per person, I think.
  • We stayed at the Sandals Grande for our honeymoon and it was definitely the best Sandals.  The beach at the Regency is so small and you have to walk about a 1/4 mile from your hotel just to get there.  Most people end up going to the Grande to hang out everyday b/c it's much bigger and better.  I didn't do the helicopter ride but we did fly out of the smaller airport which is only 15 minutes away so you may want to look into that.  St. Lucia is absolutely beautiful and I hope you have a great time! Good luck!
  • This resort sounds AMAZING! My travel agent suggested this resort to me today...I've been looking everywhere for reviews on it. I'm so excited about it! I think Sandals Grande St.Lucian may be our honeymoon local!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards