Virginia-Richmond

Need a hairstlyist near Richmond

Hi! I'm looking for a hairstylsit near Richmond that would be willing to travel to Powhatan. I'm getting married on Sept 12 and have been having such a hard time finding someone. I don't currently live in the area so I'm going on recommendations alone. Please help!! Thanks!

Re: Need a hairstlyist near Richmond

• edited December 2011
    I used Rachel at Ceco Studio in Carytown and she was great.  I considered having them come to my house, and they told me that they will do "on location" hair and I think the cost is about $100 per hour.  I'm not sure how far they travel or what additional fees they would charge but you try calling them: 353-9664 Also, for my bridal portrait Liv Lethal did my hair and make-up.  i don't think there are any pics in my bio, but I am planning on putting a few up soon. She specializes in vintage hair styles.  She definitely travels and she is AMAZING.  You can check out her website at www dot livelethal dot com.  Her email is vintagesiren at gmail dot com.Another traveling group of hair and make up people is Lou Stevens.  www dot loustevens dot com.  My sister was in a wedding and had her hair and makeup done by their team and she loved it.  Good luck!
  • laurenc192laurenc192 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Those were the only suggestions I had too. Hmm KrisCy777, I wonder if we are getting married at the same place. Only a couple of places that I know of in Powhatan. I think I will get my hair done at a salon then have a make-up artist come to the location. I think you get higher quality hair at the salon in my opinion. I have heard that Liv Lethal is amazing. Lou Stevens is like THE traveling hair and make-up person in the Richmond area, check out her website for prices and examples. I had experience with her as a bridesmaid and didn't like it but the bride looked gorgeous, probably because they had done a trial/talked about what she wanted etc. Hope that helps!
  • KrisCy777KrisCy777 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions. I will give them a call! I'm getting married at the Mill at Fine Creek. Yes, there isn't a ton of options in the area. We have had good experiences with the Mill so far and fine its a beautiful location. Its getting so close. Hair is the last thing I have on the list to complete. I was hoping to fine someone to come there as it would be easier than going back and forth with my bridesmaids and mother.
  • laurenc192laurenc192 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yep I'm getting married at the Mill too. I'd love to hear some reviews when it's all said and done. Have a great time!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards