Texas-San Antonio

Vendor rave and parent rant!

Okay so most of you know I am trying to plan a wedding in 2 months and had to move it up because my dad is very sick. Well, I just need to throw this plug in for Caitlin from Caitlin's Creations who has been by far the most understanding and accomodating of all my vendors! We did our e-pics this weekend and I'm sure you will never know how sad I am when I post the e-pics because Caitlin made us laugh and smile so much. On a rant about my mother, she just withdrew any financial help she was going to give me because I want to put FMIL's name on the invitations and FMIL is very broke and unable to contribute anything. She actually just told me I will be lucky if I see her at my wedding. I don't know why she is trying to make this so stressful! Sorry for the long post, I just wanted to vent about my mother and rave about my wonderful photographer!
Photobucket image

Re: Vendor rave and parent rant!

• edited December 2011
    Ugh. I feel you on the attitudes some people get. The other day I called my dad a "divo" because he was being too pushy. Anyyyywayy..Just make two batches of invites. One with your fmil's name (send those to his fam) and the others to your mom's fam or anybody who'd care about that. ORrrrrr... just send the invites out without saying anything. I know lying is bad...but sometime it has to be done to avoid hurt feelings.
  • edited December 2011
    A friend of mine who is Korean says that when his friends get married, the bride's family sends out different invitations that the groom's family. Both names are on there, but with varying levels of prominence based on who's doing the inviting.Also, don't say anything to your mom about this for a day or two. Let her calm down and have the time to get embarrassed about what she just said to you. It will get better.Can't wait to see your e-pics..:o)
  • edited December 2011
    I'm really sorry to hear about your father, and perhaps the only way your mom can get let out frustration is through arguing with you. I'm sure this is a stressful time for her as well and even if this is about you right now, she's probably just not concentrating on your wedding. I would agree with Sara and send out different invitations. I doubt anyone is going to be comparing at your reception whose name was where-and that way your mom will think you sided with her, and your FMIL won't feel left out. Besides, I'm sure she's contributed her time, effort and love to your wedding-and even if your mom doesn't understand that fact, a white lie wouldn't hurt.
  • MBLoveMBLove member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow thanks you guys for the helpful responses! It didn't even cross my stressed out mind to do two different sets of invitations! Also, like the pp post said, mom is just taking her stress out on me and like another poster said, she will be embarassed in a few days (i hope). You guys are the best and thanks for letting me vent and rave:)
    Photobucket image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards