Texas-Houston
Options

first look vs. first look down the aisle

We have to be photo ready at 245 on the wedding day. Well the guys do and the ladies will follow shortly with a photo call at 4ish. I am planning on everyone being late. Our ceremony is at 6.  We have a cocktail/app time scheduled immediately after the ceremony to occupy the guest. I have seriously been debating doing the 'first look' just to get pictures and videographer stuff out of the way. I hate that after the wedding we cant just swing in and start celebrating with our guests and that there will be a lull to do pictures. FI hates the idea of seeing me before the wedding and says it ruins the magic moment. What are you doing?

Re: first look vs. first look down the aisle

• Options
    edited December 2011
    FI said the same thing... we are going to do it in between ceremony and recep.
  • Options
    jmo2187jmo2187 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing ours between ceremony and reception. FI says if I really want to do pictures before it will be fine but he rather wait to see me until I walk down the aisle. Most of us "guests" are used to waiting a while and I they will be fine since you are planning a cocktail hour.
  • Options
    happydragonhappydragon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i know it will all work out and be fine. the time before the ceremony is long and we should be able to get everything done except bride and groom shots and bride and groom and fam shots. I think 30 minutes after the ceremony will be fine but it seems so short in my pre-wedding one month from the wedding mind.
  • Options
    etecsonetecson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FI and I had the same conversation.  We decided that we liked the anticipation of me coming down the aisle, so we are doing pics between the wedding and reception
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are doing all photog before the ceremony. I am so excited to see FI before the ceremony. It's perfect for us.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had the same debate... but decided to wait until after the ceremony.  FI seeing me walk down the isle is really the only reason we decided to do a bigger wedding than we wanted so we figured we better keep that moment intact!  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are seeing each other before the ceremony and I'm very happy with it.
  • Options
    mmw007mmw007 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are still in the process of making the decision but I think we will end up seeing each other before. We even made a list of pros and cons and pros out numbered the cons by a longshot. Our very close friends did it and they said it was the best choice they made. She still cried when she walked down the aisle and her DH said it was still just as speacial seeing her walk down the aisle.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we did a first look and pics beforehand, and it was the best decision for us. Some of our best shots were taken before the ceremony...we were both relaxed and happy to spend the day together.
    My Fashion & Beauty Blog: www.veronikasblushing.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we are seeing each other before the ceremony, which we were STRONGLY against at first... but after talking with others and my photog, i think in the long run we will be really, really happy we did. for us, if we waited until after, we would have no natural light. also, my sis did the 30 minutes rushing through pics after the ceremony, and got no good ones of her and her hubby bc they spent so much time on family pics. that is a huge regret of hers.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did not see each other before. PROS - the moment we saw each other was amazing. I hope that I never forget the look on his face and how I felt seeing him. CONS - I was really nervous and anxious before the ceremony, and it shows in all the pictures beforehand. And, we took our pictures for about 15 minutes during our ceremony, and we missed that time with our guests.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I meant to say reception, not ceremony - sorry
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards