Iowa-Des Moines

the wedding dress

so i found this dress that i really do love. It is champagne colored though. i guess it kind of doesnt have the whole "white wedding dress" charm about it but looks wonderful. I just want to know has anyone ever seen someone wear a wedding dress that isnt white or ivory http://www.alfredangelo.com/Collections/ProductDisplay.aspx?productID=dccac131-0d0b-4525-864f-6c69228da6ae&categoryID=1af402e9-205f-4b7b-9d22-6fec77b3d187&pg=1that is the link. I am going to try to find a white one to try on to see if i still love it or if it is actually the color that really attracts me.  I just want to know what some others think

Re: the wedding dress

• H+AH+A
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My dress wasn't white or ivory - it was ice blue. I loved it, and it was my "something blue"
  • edited December 2011
    my dress was champagne and gold. my sister's was all gold.
  • edited December 2011
    My dress is black and silver. I like it when brides infuse their personalities into their wedding dresses.
  • edited December 2011
    Mine is cobalt blue!!!!!!!! And I love it...not to mention cheap! Yes it's a bridesmaid dress, but who cares....not me. It's a full length Alfred Angelo strapless with pickups with corset backing that I'm doing up with a black ribbon....what's funny is that this dress DOES come in white. AND I've seen the exact same dress (same exact style) only called bridal gown for $300 more...it's amazing what kind of price difference a vocabulary word can cost you. :)DO WHAT YOU WANT GIRL! If it calls your name by all means...who care what other think."This nights a perfect shade of dark blue..." Dark Blue by Jack's Mannequin
  • edited December 2011
    My dress is cognac. I would compare it to a champagne color. I didn't want white.
  • edited December 2011
    oh ladies that is just awesome. I  am glad that it is kind of more common then not......I really like the champagne with my skin tone. Now I just gotta get it haha.Now that I am writting I don't remember who had the blue dresses but I tried to get away with pink....FI refused. I love the idea of the "non" traditional dress.
  • BabyRN2006BabyRN2006 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really wanted a gold dress. The dress I ended up going with only came in white so now I am "stuck" with white. I love the nontraditional dress colors!
    TTC #1 since Sept '09 Dx: Severe MFI/Azoo
    IVF w/ICSI - 15R, 12M, 10F - transferred 2; froze 3
    Beta #1 150 Beta #2 320
    7/16 124 bpm (6w5d) 7/31 168 bpm (8w6d) 8/22 170 bpm (12w)
    EDD 3/6/13
    Our team green baby was a girl! Emma Lynn born 2/23/13
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my read shelf:
    Janelle's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards