Jewish Weddings
Options

Processional Music

hi! curious what some of you have used for processional music (yours and bridal party/parents etc) I like some of the traditional music but would love to use something more "jewish sounding" if that makes sense!

Re: Processional Music

• Options
    LisaBRMLisaBRM member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_jewish-weddings_processional-music?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:399Discussion:6e7314ff-d848-4afe-abd2-9b4b7eadbb08Post:03b4740c-5bc0-4f74-a59d-3c4dd90f9fb4">Processional Music</a>:
    [QUOTE]hi! curious what some of you have used for processional music (yours and bridal party/parents etc) I like some of the traditional music but would love to use something more "jewish sounding" if that makes sense!
    Posted by rebraf77[/QUOTE]

My bridal party walked in to Erev Shel Shoshanim and I walked in to Yerushalayim Shel Za'hav, which is one of my favorite songs.  Another song you might want to check, that a lot of people use, is Dodi Li.
    Lisa
    Not a newbie, but, had to create a new account - formerly LBR_NJ

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Blog - "Helping Make Sense"
  • Options
    We used Dodi Li and Erev Shel Shoshanim, both played on the cello by a friend of ours.
  • Options
    Thanks! Do you think its ok to walk to  Pachabel's Canon in D ?
  • Options
    I just met with my cantor yesterday.  I am going to walk into Pachabel's Canon in D.  He said lot's of  brides do this and it's totally fine (I'm not getting married in the synagogue).  The bridal party will walk into Erev Shel Shoshanim sung in English and Hebrew.
  • Options
    Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited May 2012
    I had the bridal party and my groom with his parents walk in with Erev Shel Shoshanim, and I made my entrance with my parents to Dodi Li.  Both were played on the piano.
  • Options
    I am planning to walk to Lechi Lach by Debbie Friedman z"l.  We are still deciding about my fiance and the wedding party.
  • Options
    Here's an idea for the people who are looking for good traditional Jewish music to use for their processionals or recessionals.  It's a new book of instrumental music by Mary Feinsinger, called Jewish Wedding Music:  Processionals and Recessionals.  We are using this music for my daughter's wedding.  There are a lot of different selections, all very well researched and beautifully arranged for different kinds of instrumental ensembles.  You can listen to samples or buy the book at http://www.maryfeinsinger.com/Jewish-wedding-music/.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards