South Asian Weddings
Options

**ego**

I noticed that you had your wedding at the Brazilian Room in Berkeley! We are from the same area. I go to Bombay Spice house on University all the time! Anyways I was wondering what other venues you looked at and if you have any wedding pictures that you can share because that would be wonderful. Also how were you with their list of required caterers? Did they make indian food? I am concerned about this as well as the alcohol and candle requirements.

Re: **ego**

• Options
    egoego
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sure!  You can check out our slide show here.http://www.lensaproductions.com/album/EmilyAndJason/The Brazilian Room was by far the best place we saw and the least expensive.  We also looked at these:*UC Faculty Club (they actually do indian food in house too)*MLK ballroom @ UCB (way too big for us)*Piedmont Community Center (very nice. a bit small though)*Something in Fort Mason (was very nice, but more expensive and SF weather was too unpredictable for outdoor ceremony)*UC Botanical Garden (the redwood grove is nice, but the reception area was very small)Most of the caterers on the Brazilian Room list do Indian food. I was unsure at first because they aren't Indian caterers, but it turned out well.  A lot of them do fusion-y stuff if you are into that.  We did pretty standard chicken curry, naan, saag paneer, type buffet with passed appetizers of samosas and spicy shrimp.  There was no problem with candles or the havan.  We could only do beer and wine per the park rules...the groom made a very "special" sangria that took care of the no liquor problem.  I thought beer/wine was just fine.  We hosted drinks at a bar in Berkeley after the reception.Also check my list on Yelp.http://www.yelp.com/list/my-big-fat-indian-wedding-berkeleyIf you like the Brazilian Room, reserve your date immediately.  That wait list is long!Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG your pics are amazing! You looked so beautiful! Originally I cut the brazilian room out of my list because of the strict catering and alcohol requirements but now I am reconsidering. I was also looking into the Piedmont Community center but I didn't like that you have rent your own tables etc. Thanks so much for your help the info was def. noted. BTW- LOVE the "Special" sangria idea!!! haha
  • Options
    egoego
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks.  I think the caterers handle the rentals. Ours took care of the linens, dinnerware, glasses, chairs, etc.  I think they even had lighting and other stuff if you want it.  It's like a one-stop shop.  The only think I rented separately was the mandap.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards